• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

War in Israel

Status
Not open for further replies.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
As a bit of a side tangent, I was somewhat surprised to learn that Israel has such strict gun laws. They are a security state so I guess it makes sense. As a gun loving American I just can't imagine living miles away from Gaza and not having a rifle. Guns at least would have given those civilians in their homes a chance.
Licensed public carry, as I understand it, is very much an American thing. Even Switzerland, which arguably has more permissive gun laws than some US states, doesn’t permit carry. Czechia is the only other country I know of with CCW licensing.

RobLyman

- hawk Pilot
pilot
None
How this motherfucker wasn't taken out in '04 in An Najaf is beyond me. He continues to be a malign actor in the region.

How this motherfucker wasn't taken out in '04 in An Najaf is beyond me. He continues to be a malign actor in the region.

I had these coozies made in 2011 when I was in Diwaniyah PXL_20231013_155430644.jpgPXL_20231013_155435800.jpgto celebrate his "peaceful" demonstrations.

BattlingTrain

SNA Pro-Rec Y
Licensed public carry, as I understand it, is very much an American thing. Even Switzerland, which arguably has more permissive gun laws than some US states, doesn’t permit carry. Czechia is the only other country I know of with CCW licensing.
I know the US is an anomaly and read that in Israel to be issued a weapons permit you need to display a special need to carry a weapon. I just feel like people along the border, especially those with military training which makes up a large portion of the Israeli population, have a special need to defend themselves.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
I know the US is an anomaly and read that in Israel to be issued a weapons permit you need to display a special need to carry a weapon. I just feel like people along the border, especially those with military training which makes up a large portion of the Israeli population, have a special need to defend themselves.
Agreed. All the more reason for us to continue defending our right to keep and bear arms.

Gonzo08

*1. Gangbar Off
None
On station: (CENTCOM PA pic)

View attachment 38985
Saw this picture on Facebook while I was sitting in my hotel room waiting to figure out how I was getting back to the ship that was no longer pulling into the place I was sent to be Senior Shore Patrol.

A surprising number of rubes screaming in the comments to "take that damn Ukrainian flag of their U.S. aircraft carrier!"

Like bruh...that's the Ford's battle flag. Ukraine doesn't own the colors blue and gold....

Austin-Powers

Powers By Name, Powers By Reputation
A surprising number of rubes screaming in the comments to "take that damn Ukrainian flag of their U.S. aircraft carrier!"

Even if that was the case...I think they need to worry about their own Navy first before they ask us what to do ?

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Saw this picture on Facebook while I was sitting in my hotel room waiting to figure out how I was getting back to the ship that was no longer pulling into the place I was sent to be Senior Shore Patrol.
If you don’t end up having to answer for the free port call at follies, your squadron’s JOPA is not keeping up its proud traditions. ?

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Israel already showing the American hawks why early restraint was necessary. They are resorting to tactics that may cross the line of unethical, and the fact that we haven't committed forces to the engagement gives us more options to scale our response. Almost like SMEs in the beltway predicted this...

For all we can say negative about Russia, at least they're not like "hey, if you don't leave this area in 24 hours we're going to treat every human being in it as the enemy and kill them."

skybert

Skybert
Israel already showing the American hawks why early restraint was necessary. They are resorting to tactics that may cross the line of unethical, and the fact that we haven't committed forces to the engagement gives us more options to scale our response. Almost like SMEs in the beltway predicted this...

For all we can say negative about Russia, at least they're not like "hey, if you don't leave this area in 24 hours we're going to treat every human being in it as the enemy and kill them."
As they should in this case

Duc'-guy25

pilot
As they should in this case
Fuck off dude. I’m pretty supportive of Israel’s right to defense, but advocating bombing a million innocent people is beyond unethical, especially when you consider every avenue of escape is closed off to the general population.

Israel has the right to respond to Hamas and threats to their people, but what they very well may spiral into in the next week is going to be brutal and a humanitarian disaster.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Fuck off dude. I’m pretty supportive of Israel’s right to defense, but advocating bombing a million innocent people is beyond unethical, especially when you consider every avenue of escape is closed off to the general population.
For the sake of argument, could Israel be using a similar logic to why we used the nuke on Japan?

Aka, Total War?

Status
Not open for further replies.