• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

War in Israel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
It’s always fascinating that those who have the least skin in the game are the quickest to advocate for scorched Earth military actions.
Especially since that hasn't been our doctrine since Operation Rolling Thunder was a complete blunder. We spend a lot of money to attempt to keep the accuracy = sensitivity+specificity as close to 1 as possible.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
@Brett327

It's really refreshing to be able to speak out about corrupt public officials on this site as a retiree, without that UCMJ hall monitor HAL constantly warning of Article (blah blah) violations. ?

To your point, yes it is very telling!
I'm happy to speak out about corrupt public officials while still on AD. It's the right thing to do, and it's consistent with my oath of office. :D

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
I think even Lindsey Graham has a less gay canter up to the podium than Pence does...not that there's anything wrong with that.

To get back to the thread, it's obviously going to be some difficult weeks ahead in the ME. Hopefully, it doesn't spill over. There are news reports that the US doesn't believe Iran was aware of the planning and execution of this Hamas operation. Could be true, or an effort to contain the scope of this conflict. Just my opinion and speculation.

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
Egypt has viewed Hamas as a threat to itself since its inception.
No doubt, obviously they're a threat to Israel too, but there's a lot of hypocrisy from these Arab states.

They talk out of both sides of their mouths, while their leaders and their families become fabulously wealthy. Again, Arafat died in the early aughts a billionaire.

Last edited:

BattlingTrain

SNA Pro-Rec Y
As a bit of a side tangent, I was somewhat surprised to learn that Israel has such strict gun laws. They are a security state so I guess it makes sense. As a gun loving American I just can't imagine living miles away from Gaza and not having a rifle. Guns at least would have given those civilians in their homes a chance.

PhrogLoop

Adulting is hard
pilot
This thread is both interesting and disturbing. It contradicts some earlier reporting.

The language of the reporting is interesting. From the NYT article:

“Some people familiar with the operation said that a tight circle of leaders from Iran, Hezbollah and Hamas helped plan the attack starting over a year ago, trained militants and had advanced knowledge of it. That account is based on interviews with three Iranians affiliated with the Revolutionary Guards, one Iranian connected to senior leadership and a Syrian affiliated with Hezbollah.”

If true, then the nation of Iran maintains plausible deniability and the previous reporting is technically accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.