• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USN Wanting to Join Navy Reserves, Wanting to Know What Rates Are My Options

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
^^^ There are plenty of like-minded people in the reserves.

AIRMMCPORET

Plan “A” Retired
I'd look into getting commissioned. Rates are for enlisted and you'd be doing far different work than your day job.

Specifically I'd look at direct commission as an AEDO.

And CWO is out due to being a Chief is a prerequisite.

Esim1315

And CWO is out due to being a Chief is a prerequisite.
I looked on the link that was posted earlier and PA 208C Cryptologic Warfare Reserve does not list being a prior Chief being a prerequisite.
Looks like the designations I qualify for here are Crypto, CEC, and possibly AEDO since I do have experience with they AEDO type of job. I’ll look into these all and start making a list of things that makes me qualified when I talk to a recruiter.

exNavyOffRec

I looked on the link that was posted earlier and PA 208C Cryptologic Warfare Reserve does not list being a prior Chief being a prerequisite.
Looks like the designations I qualify for here are Crypto, CEC, and possibly AEDO since I do have experience with they AEDO type of job. I’ll look into these all and start making a list of things that makes me qualified when I talk to a recruiter.

One thing they look for on the DCO side is your experience as a civilian and how that will correlate to the designator you are going into in the reserves. If you don't have experience in Intel, CW, or IP then those that do the panel interview will probably not give you high marks which effectively kills your chance, and I know there are DCO's in IWC designators that will say anyone is capable of doing those jobs, but there is reality and then what the board and the panel interview will look for.

Esim1315

they were probably talking about Chief Warrant Officer instead of Crypto; CWOs need to be prior Chiefs or Chief-selects
That would make much more sense haha. Again, still learning the lingo and I guess “lost in translation” applies here.

NevarYalnal

Cryptologic Warfare Officer (CWO)
I don't believe they meant Crypto as they have a pretty hard restriction on TIS to commission for that designator. 60 months prior service, waiverable up to 72 months. So being a Chief can't be a requirement to go Crypto, and they definitely take candidates off the street.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Could one be a CWO CWO? ?
Answer is cryptic

X9IHqxJedlvUY67YOgba69DdZsg9yM6app6gWAAMUffVaBPdqjerRqbNT03gkYUELgz_4XqbduLgM3L12zOyQ-ucVmNc5qiZ-k92ST6wjqA