• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Walther P22?

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
If only we were more like Europe in their regard of suppressors. There, it's considered polite to use them on hunting rifles so as not to disturb the populace or damage your hearing. Here, they're only for "assassins."

... and like most of the common "gun knowledges" acquired by the unwashed: it's derived from Hollywood.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Fun gun, excellent plinker, and great "cool" factor..

p22_target_gross_2659255.jpg

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
the p22 will probably be the next gun purchase for me. i'm highly intrigued by the option to silence it and if anyone has any more info regarding it please post. i've seen the subsonic 22lr and that alone is a bonus. chuck, are those the extended barrels mentioned above/ it's expensive taking my gp-100 to the range every weekend and am in the market for a lower cost addition...this may be it. not to mention 'fun factor'.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Gem-Tech is probably your best bet...

Seahunter-P22-cat%20photo.jpg

Keep in mind that ANY suppressor/silencer is a pain in the arse to acquire. You will need ATF forms, and TAX STAMPS to the tune of at least $200 before the purchase of something like this.

But it is cool!

xmid

pilot
Contributor
the p22 will probably be the next gun purchase for me. i'm highly intrigued by the option to silence it and if anyone has any more info regarding it please post. i've seen the subsonic 22lr and that alone is a bonus. chuck, are those the extended barrels mentioned above/ it's expensive taking my gp-100 to the range every weekend and am in the market for a lower cost addition...this may be it. not to mention 'fun factor'.

Its really not that bad. If you have a good dealer he can make the process painless. You are gonna have to pay a one time $200 dollar tax thats a given with just about any class III stuff. The good news is that suppresion for .22's is pretty good even with the cheaper companies, and when I say pretty good I mean movie style "putt-putt" noises. The first step is to find the silencer you want or a local dealer you want to go with. Then print out the forms here http://www.titleii.com/Forms.htm Fill them out and get fingerprinted at the local jail. Take them to your dealer along with a check for $200, and then you wait. Lately, wait times have been as good as 2 weeks and as bad as 3 months. As soon as the paper work arrives you will get a call from your dealer telling you you can come pick up your new toy. Now all you have to do is enjoy. I keep a copy of my approved form with my class III stuff just in case I get a police officer that has a hard time believing I'm not an "assasin".;) I've got some experience in this area so let me know if you have any questions.

If you are checking out the Gemtechs take a look at Advanced Armament Corporation too. They have some good stuff and a pretty comprehensive web site.

http://www.advanced-armament.com/default.asp

I just realized they have this on there web site too. It should answer almost all of your questions.

http://www.advanced-armament.com/owners.asp

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor

The nearest Title 2 dealer to Cherry Point is in Fayetteville, so have fun with that. Plus, if memory serves, the Craven County Sheriff isn't big on signing off any T2 toys.

And Chuck, stop blowing it way out of proportion. Yes, there is a one time $200 tax stamp, but it is a very straight-forward process that many people have gone through. There are specific forms, and any title 2 dealer should be able to easily walk you through the process.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
Plus, if memory serves, the Craven County Sheriff isn't big on signing off any T2 toys.

And Chuck, stop blowing it way out of proportion. Yes, there is a one time $200 tax stamp, but it is a very straight-forward process that many people have gone through...

You can always incorporate if you have an uncooperative sheriff and there are services that make that pretty cheap and painless. If you incorporate you don't need a signature. You could always tell the sheriff, "Look I want to do this and it is legal for me to do so. If you dont sign off for me I will have to incorporate. So you have the choice of knowing what class III I have in my posession or not knowing."

And I totally agree, the process is very easy and straight forward. The biggest hastle is just waiting to be approved.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Keep in mind that ANY suppressor/silencer is a pain in the arse to acquire. You will need ATF forms, and TAX STAMPS to the tune of at least $200 before the purchase of something like this.....
Naaaaa ... it's not hard. Just takes a little time, but what else are you gonna' do with your time, anyway ..... besides wait ???

Concur with Squeeze ... it's easy. My local Title II dealer does all the forms/paperwork for the Feds and local LEO's; all I have to do is sign my name. I pay the $200 when told to, and buy the "hush-kit". He even has some already set up on some P22's that are for sale ... or you can buy it as a stand-alone item.

No problem-O.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Not a problem... until you plan on moving.
^ Good point: the FEDS don't care ... you can live anywhere in the 50 states as long as they get their $200. BUT ALWAYS CHECK STATE/LOCAL LAW .... don't "assume" anything when it comes to the legalities of the subject at hand and local regulations.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
Check with local laws, but all the non-dark states should be good.

And if you are stationed in the dark, there are options.

Attachments

• aac_map.jpg
    aac_map.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 54