• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

WAITING...Waiting...waiting SNA 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kycntryboy

pilot
What was your "explaination" about spongebob, just wondering if that could have been it, I am with zuggerat on this one, the picture doesn't look to good for me either.

outlawz2323

Man it seems like everyone on this forum who got accepted has stats that are not even close to spongebob's....I wonder what the hell theyre looking for...geez i thought i had a pretty good shot with my 3.56 GPA as a professional pilot major with an private and an instrument rating...

Kycntryboy

pilot
He did say in a previous post how he told the board in his motivational statement how he used to be a "bad boy", could that possibly have hindered their decision?

zuggerat

im up ****s creek without a freakin boat...i have 3.1 gpa as a world politics major...i have good LORs and im an RA at my school but i dont think thats gonna help me now that i think about it...i still hafta take the ASTB in march...can't we all be born naval aviators it would make it so much less stressful

zuggerat

northtouk, thats very possible, if ur a complete reck in terms of responsibility now, how are they going to trust you with a 30 or 40 million dollar plane? I certainly wouldn't, I mean, risk taking is all part of the job, but they still dont want a cowboy in there as well.

Kycntryboy

pilot
Well that ASTB is just like G.P.A. it will make ya or break ya, do you do any extracurricular activities?

zuggerat

i was on the roller hockey team freshman year, we won the national championship, i do community service at home, besides that i only do intramural sports and student gov't stuff.

Kycntryboy

pilot
That's good you have to show that you know how to manage your time, so everything your able to put only makes you look that much better.

Kycntryboy

pilot
Its not some of these peoples lists but I like it
A former boss, VP of a company
USAF F-14 pilot
State Senator
Calculus Teacher
PreCalculus Teacher
Principle
Athletic Director
I hit my high school pretty hard

Kycntryboy

pilot
the writer formally known as northtouk continues...

5 weeks and counting....still checking my phone for messages every hour... man this sucks.

BlondeScholar

hey guys... my brother just told me about this site. i'm not applying for aviation, but for cryptology. it's still good to see that other people are having to wait like i am. i've been waiting to hear something for almost two months. it sucks. my brother put in his application after mine, and got a call before me, which is kinda frustrating. though, i'm really happy for him all the same. although my brother is really qualified, it sounds like a lot of you have better GPAs and whatnot. just hang tight, we'll get our calls.

jg5343

FLY NAVY...Divers need the work
pilot
ALL of my LOR's were from officers, save one Senior Chief, in the Navy. I think that is the best way to go, if you know any.

zuggerat

ive got...

1. Annapolis grad, former Navy Helo pilot, former Navy Test pilot, and current FAA flight certification test pilot

2. FAA Flight Standards Pilot

3. Suffolk County Cop, former Master Chief, and current Naval Reservist

4. Korean War Navy CPO Vet 2 purple hearts

Status
Not open for further replies.