• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

WAITING...Waiting...waiting SNA 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kycntryboy

pilot
Man this waiting is
censored_125.gif
killing me.
banghead_125.gif
I know I can't be the only one through this crap right now
boring_125.gif
. I think if I didn't have football I would have gone crazy by now
shake_125.gif
. All apps for 2006 SNA drop a line.

spongebob

I know what you are feeling. I went in mid-December and haven't heard anything. Just try not to think about it.

scared_125.gif

Kycntryboy

pilot
Yeah it's within the 30 month maximum for BDCP. All I am saying is god bless the "technical" degree
eyebrows_125.gif
, anyways I am just trying to get mine in before the sleu of two-year people get to put theirs through. Mid December...good lord, I was talking to my recruiter yesterday, they needed an explaination from me about my application, which means they are all ready looking at it, he said it shouldn't take more than a couple more weeks.
smgreen_125.gif
. Oh well, I guess I'll just bounce and burn some of this energy that is building up.
jump_125.gif

erabe07

Yeah, and I thought waiting 1 year was bad. I applied early in second quarter of 2003 and learned in late August I'd be going to OCS this october '04. Waiting for the application to come back sucked. There must have been at least 5 'problems' with my app, and instead of hearing them all at once I got notified of problems every two weeks or so. Then I'd revise my app send it back in and wait for the next little issue. I must have been in contact with my recruiter's paper processor twice a week for two months just trying to get everything smoothed over. It is more difficult then I initially thought it would be just finishing up my degree too. Now that I've decided what I want to do with my life, I want to get started...not sit around. Hang in there!

spongebob

I also had to add an "explination" to my application in late December. From what I got from my recruiter that doesn't mean they looked at it. I think that they have an office that just collects the apps coming in and makes sure they are complete and ready to be viewed by the board. ???

Kycntryboy

pilot
Well I don't know how "backed up" it is if there is only two people for 2006 and that is only if spongebob is applying for 2006, but right now it looks like just me. But I'm sure there certainly has to be others in the forum and around the country.

Kycntryboy

pilot
I don't know if this website is good for me though because it is trying to feed an addiction, and I know the information on this site just ain't satisfying me. Going to this website everyday is probably the worst thing I could do why waiting for my package to go through.
banghead_125.gif

spongebob

I will be graduating in Dec of 2005 so I put down January 1st, 2006 as my fist day of availability. Damn that seems far away.

spongebob

Well, I just found out I was f-ing rejected today. It had been awhile so I just called up my recruiter to see if he knew anything. Nice of him not to contact me when he found out god knows how long ago... He said the board wanted me to reapply after I get my grades for this semester, and maybe churn out some better letters of recommendation - "like maybe from a senator or govener." What a line of sh!t. Here are my stats in case anyone wants to know who they are rejecting these days:
ASTB - all 9's, can't remember my OAR but it was good.
PRT - Outstanding low.
GPA - 3.3 in Aerospace Engineering
Commercial Multiengine Instrument rated pilot with 330+ hours.
SAT - 1300
Eagle Scout.
Lots of sports, etc.
Letters from a Phd Physics prof at my university, an F-16 pilot, and a lawyer for Honeywell.

Oh well, so the Navy doesn't want my services. I guess I'll see if the Marines do.

That's what I'm doing too since I got rejected from the Navy twice. Oh well, the more I find out about the Marines the more I like them anyway :) Just did all the paperwork today!!!

outlawz2323

Hey spongebob,

How do u get rejected with stats like that?? Man your ASTB is awesome, good gpa considering aerospace engineering is hard as hell, and even the PRT results are good. I don't want to get too nosy, but is there something that could have been a problem physically...like eyesight? just curious to find out becasue I am in the process of applying, and I would like a heads up on what exactly theyre looking for...thanks spongebob

Status
Not open for further replies.