• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Waiting for Board Results... AHH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goliath112

about the prt times. BDCP requires all applicants to score a good low on the prt. which means at least a 12:00 min run. For OCS the IN PRT (the prt you have to pass to get in ocs) is a score of satisfactory marginal which is a 13:30 run time. of course BDCP guys will get to OCS too.

have I got a long way to run...

wilsonator

Hey guys don't get discouraged about the run. My package was at the board in July when the PRT scores got changed and my packaged got rejected. I redid the run, submitted a letter of reconsideration and a month later I got a slot. I'm still trying to find someone who's going to OCS on November 23 of this year. I've been unsuccessful so maybe it's all a big trick!!!

ghost_ttu

wilson can you give me your stats? The same thing happened to me, and my recruiter told me the score requ. got changed so now I'm retesting (I have a 50 OAR) but I kept asking to just redo the run. Oh well I feel like I can pass this damn thing again.

wilsonator

GPA 3.0 in Aero Sci
25 pushups, 70 situps, 12:45 run
I have some flight time currently working as a CFI
I'm not sure about my test scores because I took it about a year and a half ago, my recruiter saied they were good though
and obviously I'm a girl since I can only do 25 pushups. But I am working on it very hard I might add, if anyone has any pointers that would be great I don't seem to have very good upper body strength. I also had some sweet letters of rec from some of my professors who were retired Navy pilots.
my e-mail is mceatsme@yahoo.com
Good Luck guys, keep trying and don't give up I've gotten rejected from all sorts of pilot training programs and guard units but I never gave up and I'd shove a big fat nuke right up Sadamm's ass if I had the chance.

FLY NAVY See you guys November 23rd
Camille

Hartman

"You need to put down the jelly donut, get up off the internet, and"......naaawww, I'm just kidding. If you’re working hard to improve your PRT, it WILL get better. This obviously takes time and commitment. The most important thing that will keep you motivated on a workout program is OBSERVING improvement. If you've hit a plateau, or you feel like you need more motivation, try joining a spinning class at a local gym. A group environment may help you to reach the next level as far as cardiovascular training goes. Good luck, man, and don’t give up! As linguist would say, get out and “pt that ass!!!”

ghost_ttu

Holy hell, I didn't realize you were a girl, I was about to walk to TN and enlighten some board members about letting someone in with that PRT. But girls get it easier I guess, that's ok, like you said just hit the launch button, you don't have to do many pushups to do that.

cman

quote:
Holy hell, I didn't realize you were a girl, I was about to walk to TN and enlighten some board members about letting someone in with that PRT.

sorry, I got a good laugh out of that

CMS

Hartman

Ohhh...wilsonator IS a female...

Well, I guess Hartman is going to go find himself a nice warm glass of SHUT THE HELL UP!

wilsonator

Hey guys,
since i don't know who you are maybe you wouldn't mind sharing your honest opinions on the subject. I'm not trying to start a riot but how do you feel about flying with girls. do you feel different about a girl being a fighter pilot vs. tanker?

tali264

I am also a future female pilot and would like to know the answer to this question. I have some friends who have gone through OCS and hated the girls there because the DI's always went easier on them when it came to running and other physical training. Your opinions?

Goliath112

quote:
I am also a future female pilot and would like to know the answer to this question. I have some friends who have gone through OCS and hated the girls there because the DI's always went easier on them when it came to running and other physical training. Your opinions?

I went thru Basic training and we had females. (not in our same division) but, nobody seemed to care. If your friends hated the women there cause they got treated "easier" then they're a bunch of freaking crybabies. I bet they hate the hot girls who say NO to them too. don't worry about what other people think. f**K EM

man the wait is killing me

ghost_ttu

girls, I have to agree. Me personally I look at it like I do people at work. If I get to that position, I treat some people one way and some people another depending on their personalities. If you act like one of the guys and joke around like one of the guys, then you will be accepted like one of the guys (this is my opinion, I'm not on the flight line). But however you act, and whatever you do, chase after your own dreams, you are the one that has to live with your actions, and personnell shift in the military all the time.

tali264

Thanks guys,
Not like I would say "oh, well they don't want me here so I'm just going to forget being a pilot" It's just always nice knowing things are based on ability and personality and not sex. Gender that is

Mike26

As far as flying with females, I really don't have a problem, I am a crew member on a tanker and we have a few female aircraft commanders and co-pilots. Most people don't judge them becuase they are women, they are judged on how they fly and how they handle stress while in the air. I have flow with a couple women who have not been able to handle situations very well when things were going bad in the air, A lot of people don't feel safe flying with them but they don't blame their lack of skill on being a woman. I have never hear anyone say I don't want to fly with so and so because she is a women. I am sure there are people out there like that but I have yet to run into them. I have also flown with women who were great pilots.
As far as getting along, we treat them like they are one of the guys, most are just as crude or even worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.