• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Waiting for Board Results... AHH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason

Just though I'd vent here. It feels like pins and needles over here Tic Toc Tic Toc just siting around the house waiting for the Yes or NO answer... OH Well even after this I'll have to wait some more to go to OCS.... AHHHH ..

Jason

Rejection sucks boy's it sure does I guess I'll have to pick my --- up and try again.

Hopefully the second time will be the charm

RC

Did you get turned down? Were there any reasons?

Edited by - RC on 06/18/2002 20:52:18

ghost_ttu

Jason, don't feel bad I got the "you suck" letter this past week also. Although I already knew I was rejected. The letter says basically blah blah blah, this is not a reflection on you, rather a reflection on the competition of the program blah blah blah Regards, "someone important"

Jason

I tlaked to my recruiter... He said the PRT came up and bit me..(His guess)

I was applying for OCS

He went on to say I made it past the first round onto the second so thats good He told to run run and run some more And next time I sould be tip top

I also optioned to not put down Supply Officer. Which means after the Pilot and NFO guys got done with me all I could get is the BLABLA BLABLA letter

There has also been an influx of applicants..

RC

What was your run time?
Its weird because all i put down was Pilot as my first choice, i didnt even specify a second choice. I got my slot the first time around. I guess it really depends on the individual, situation and the needs of the Navy on that day you get reviewed. A real crap shoot.

ghost_ttu

RC, I think it has more to do as to when you applied. In Feb they were still doing well about handing out slots. Toward the end of April and May they started getting really competitive.

Jason

here's the skinny:
GPA 3.1
OAR 49
AQR 5
PFAR 5 50 Push ups, 60 Sit ups 13:20 on the run (Which I think really Killed me.)

SO If I cut 2-3 minutes off I should be good to go..(maybe)

Gabe2surf

My recruiter told me 13:30 was the max limit so your 13:20 was good by the books, but not what you want a board to see. That would be my guess as far as your run time.

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
12:00 is the run time for aviation. 13 something is what you need for OCS.

sonnyb

I'm still confused regarding the run-time for the PRT. My recruiter insists that I'm good to go for a NFO. My run time was 12:30. But others in this thread say the max for aviation is 12:00, not 13:30. I think the best thing to do is re-run the PRT

Dave Shutter

Hmmm...a recruiter sending in an app. knowing full well it will get turned down for pilot, but might get picked up for something else! Gee, why does that sound familiar to me?! Keep plugging away at it, fix what you can, and re-submit. When a board sees someone come back their reaction may be: "Wow, this loser again..." but it may also be: "Hey...this guy's commited!" Just because competition is insane now doesn't mean it will be in a few more months. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.