• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Wait time after API to Corpus

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
The Island or out the back gate are the two popular options. Have heard of a few dudes living "downtown" in lofts, but kinda rare. And in all honesty, the downtown here sucks. At least you could go out in PCola downtown and find some fun. Here, not so much.

For the Island, had friends with good and bad experiences in apartments. I'd try to find a house, preferably on the water. Lots of IPs rent out their places and are military friendly. The "Island Premium" rent wise is the same for on or of the water, so you might as well take advantage of it. I have a boat, so it's extra awesome, and I can pick up my friends who live on the water. Out the back gate, there are a few apartment complexes with college kids from TAMUCC. Again, nothing special. Don't sign a lease without checking it out in person first.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
Thanks for all the heads up. As far as TLE goes -how do I claim it or get it? No one has ever talked to me about it. I looked it up and from what I gather it's only for PCS moves, which as I understand it, is not what I have - P'Cola to Corpus for USN members is a TDY vs. Marines who do get a full PCS... Any help is greatly appreciated explaining this to me.

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
Umm, they will explain it during your briefs, from what i understand, yeah we were tdy to pensacola, which was part of our pcs to corpus. thats why you finish your travel voucher from your commissioning source to here. You fill out the TLE paperwork with student control after you check out of he boq and/or have your local place.

In all reality, the people working student control here, do their job every week and know it well. They know what applies to you and will help you get everything taken care of as you go. just pay attention so they dont have to repeat them selves an extra three times a day.