• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Wait time after API to Corpus

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
My roommate and I got Corpus, but haven't been able to find any reliable gouge as to how quickly we'd have to move. I'm in the middle of API right now - should I be looking for a place/ starting to pack or what? The best we've heard so far is "1-13 weeks" after API graduation. Does anyone have any recent wait times they spent in C-Pool in Pensacola going to Corpus for Primary? Thanks.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
It ebbs and flows so variable is a good answer. I had a week notice that I was going to Corpus, told I would have no time off once I got here. Then I was at TW-4 for 4 weeks.

Wudgles

Cause I am most ill and I'm rhymin' and stealin'
pilot
The answer to almost EVERY question about classing up/the training pipeline/"what %"/etc:
It ebbs and flows so variable is a good answer.

FWIW, I graduated API recently. I was given 4 days to get to Corpus (no C-Pool), and it'll be a total of three weeks from Check-In to classing up. Wait until you're done with academics to start looking for houses.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
I just recently checked into TW5 at Whiting so here are the CURRENT facts:
Navy guys from my class: Half started after one week, the other half start after one more additional week
Marines: 1 marine from my API class has 2 weeks, the other has 4 weeks.
T6/t34: The next T34 class going through VT6 IS INDEED THE LAST T34 CLASS FOR VT6. After that, VT2 will be the only remaining squadron at Whiting flying the t34.

At least, it's the last T-34 class until the next T-34 class! ;) (smiles in effect)

DanMa1156

pilot
Contributor
For Navy, at the moment its about 2-3 weeks from API. Marines Is 3-4. Got here begging of Feb, Starting tomorrow the 28th.

So you're saying that's when you start after you report? I was curious about how quickly after API I'd have to start and it looks like I'll be graduating and immediately departing for Corpus the next morning.

Wudgles

pilot
So you're saying that's when you start after you report? I was curious about how quickly after API I'd have to start and it looks like I'll be graduating and immediately departing for Corpus the next morning.

So, since you're immediately departing, his answer was accurate?

In all seriousness, the answers in the thread are accurate (as of the month of February). It's been between 3-4 weeks lately after reporting, which is basically the same thing as leaving Pcola since there hasn't been much of a C-pool for Corpus lately.

Anyway, when you get to TW-4 stucon on Monday, they give you your class date. Don't sweat it too much.

DanMa1156

pilot
Contributor
So, since you're immediately departing, his answer was accurate?

In all seriousness, the answers in the thread are accurate (as of the month of February). It's been between 3-4 weeks lately after reporting, which is basically the same thing as leaving Pcola since there hasn't been much of a C-pool for Corpus lately.

Anyway, when you get to TW-4 stucon on Monday, they give you your class date. Don't sweat it too much.

I think you're missing what I was saying. I was in no way trying to be a dick. I was asking him if he meant that was the time you class up after already reported to Corpus. My original intent of the post back when I was in the earlier stages of API was to ask if anyone knew how long after finishing API would I have to leave Pensacola for Corpus since we were originally told 1-13 weeks. That being said, it seems like we will be leaving here the day after graduation. I'm not worried about how quickly I'll have to start Primary - but thanks for your heads up!

Wudgles

pilot
I think you're missing what I was saying. I was in no way trying to be a dick. I was asking him if he meant that was the time you class up after already reported to Corpus. My original intent of the post back when I was in the earlier stages of API was to ask if anyone knew how long after finishing API would I have to leave Pensacola for Corpus since we were originally told 1-13 weeks. That being said, it seems like we will be leaving here the day after graduation. I'm not worried about how quickly I'll have to start Primary - but thanks for your heads up!

Gotcha. That makes a lot more sense. Sorry for my snide remark, then. I've had below average SA lately.

Have a good drive down here. I recommend the Abita brewery in Abita Springs, LA, as a stop on the way.

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
I was planning on leaving tomorrow, the day after I graduated to get down there and set everything up, find out my squadron, but at grad brief they said dont check in before sunday; unless you dont want per deim for the full four days of driving down. Also, you can get TLE when you get down there to hunt for an apartment. I'm still leaving tomorrow, just going out of my way to visit a few friends first. I had planned one thing all the way up till today and now the change of plans. I was also told that once they get your orders in Corpus they go ahead and put you in your squadron and give you a class up date, so it is already determined before you check in (one thing i had asked about).

Abita sounds cool, thanks for the tip.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
I was planning on leaving tomorrow, the day after I graduated to get down there and set everything up, find out my squadron, but at grad brief they said dont check in before sunday; unless you dont want per deim for the full four days of driving down. Also, you can get TLE when you get down there to hunt for an apartment. I'm still leaving tomorrow, just going out of my way to visit a few friends first. I had planned one thing all the way up till today and now the change of plans. I was also told that once they get your orders in Corpus they go ahead and put you in your squadron and give you a class up date, so it is already determined before you check in (one thing i had asked about).

Abita sounds cool, thanks for the tip.

You're entitled to the 4 (I think?) days of travel. Checking in early will limit the money the govt is giving you to travel. However, getting to Corpus early and staying with a buddy while you house/apartment shop might be a decent idea. Check in on the day they give you on your orders at the Wing building. And yeah, they slate you into squadrons already but they are amenable to small requests like being in the same squadron as your roommate.

DanMa1156

pilot
Contributor
You're entitled to the 4 (I think?) days of travel. Checking in early will limit the money the govt is giving you to travel. However, getting to Corpus early and staying with a buddy while you house/apartment shop might be a decent idea. Check in on the day they give you on your orders at the Wing building. And yeah, they slate you into squadrons already but they are amenable to small requests like being in the same squadron as your roommate.

Appreciate the advice.

Also, might be a moron here, but can someone explain TLE?

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
TLE is basicaly extra per deim for up to ten days while you find a place, i suggest have a place set up or soon because all your travel information needs an address here ( local corpus ).
** that being said it is also nice to see the place you want it person, some i looked at, looked nice online and in person not sooooo much.
Most everybody is on padre island (the jist I have gotten while being here). However, there is some around and south of the college, most of the apartments are kinda shitty, there are some new ones, but price reflects.
If you want other tips ask or PM, prob visited ten diff apartment/ houses in the last few days.

Wait time... as of today still 3-4 weeks