• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

VT Checkrides for Biennial Flight Review?

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
I thought that having the commercial ticket conveyed HP/complex by it's very nature?
Complex - yes. HP - no.

You'd think a twin would be HP too. But I believe the Seminole was only 160HP a side and I know there was at least one other light twin I flew that wasn't HP. (Grumman Cougar?)

jtmedli

pilot
Cool. I'll have to check that site out when I decide to do my commercial. Any idea what kind of stick time SNFOs get. Kinda hoping I can get my high performance/complex sign off. I'll be checking into nasc next Friday.
Very little stick time for the NFOs. I'm pretty sure theres no way youre getting a complex endorsement out of the NFO syllabus. When you check in with VT10, they can tell what you will and won't get. I'm guessing that you guys don't really get any ratings because you never get 'checked out' in the airplane (i.e. Safe for solo).

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
If you have a commerical ASEL or commercial AMEL, you do not need a complex endorsement. Those tickets require at least 10 hours of training in a complex aircraft and the checkride has to be in a complex aircraft. So you're covered.

As always, good gouge. Something that wasn't brought up when I was getting checked out in the Arrow at NAS Jax and I asked the question.

And Gator, if you've lost your civilian logbook, you can get copies of the 8710 form you filled out for the FAA when you got your mil comp done. If you filled in the hours block at the bottom, you can throw those times into a new book. If you have receipts from when you flew or if you flew with someone else that kept a log, you can reconstruct the rest from those. Remember, except for required sign offs or endorsements, a civilian log book is self certifying. It is what you want to put into it. The required sign offs and endorsements aren't needed anymore once the license they were going toward is obtained so if those are lost it is no big deal.

Getting the time from someone else's logbook is probably a no go. I might be able to get some from the guy that I got the majority of my private pilot time from, but it was over a long period of time (from when I was 14-19) so he may have to dig...and he may not even have logged the individual flights since he already had a ton of time with the AF and his CFI'ing. The rest of the time (albeit not a lot) was on my own or I can resurrect, but the majority of what I need is for insurance reasons and not towards a rating (Grumman time for my dad's plane and if I ever decide to go back to an Arrow, time for that). However, most of my civilian time was prior to taking my Milcomp, so I'll have to figure out how to get the 8710. Hopefully I put something in there. I'm sure once I get a copy of it, my logbook will turn up.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
When you get the 8710, just put all the times in one line and make a remark "transcribed from 8710 dated.....)

Wingnut172N

Tumbleweed
pilot
Well, the local FSDO didn't think that VT checkrides counted for a Biennial, since they weren't a qualification ride for a NATOPS qual, or Instrument Qual, etc...that being said, the Biennial was pretty simple to knock out.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Well, the local FSDO didn't think that VT checkrides counted for a Biennial, since they weren't a qualification ride for a NATOPS qual, or Instrument Qual, etc...that being said, the Biennial was pretty simple to knock out.

What FSDO did you go to?