• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

VT-10 Instructor NFO's

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
On my side of the hallway they are sending almost all of us to the Milton VTs. In fact, every one of us but the evaluator. There's enough of you guys (former VT O-4s) around as DHs to make me think it's not as much of a career killer as I had always been told. I've got verbals to 6.

Yeah, JG, our community values VT orders due to a pretty rich history of TACAMO skippers and, even more recently, commodores having gone there for their second set of orders. Not saying that it won't change, but VT orders in TACAMO hold almost equal weight to FRS orders and probably will for the foreseeable future.
I am glad that I went that route for a few reasons. I definitely had a lot more fun and a much more satisfying job than my VQ-7 brethren, I got out of the community for a few years, which gave me a much broader perspective on how the rest of the Navy does business, and I got to fly. A lot.
You will love it there, it is awesome. I would switch places with you in a heartbeat.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
So, not to start another thread, and this one is close enough, what is the flow of the IUT syllabus for T-6 pilot instructors like?

3-5 months depending on wx, mx, sim availability and student loading. About a month of Ground School, week or so of sims and off to the plane to feel lost in the sauce on your first NATOPS ride. after about the 10th ride or so (My dog ate the IUT syllabus guide) theres a check that consists of some OCF recovery, Aerobatics and a couple instrument approaches. After that back in the sims for contacts or instruments and then do the associated flights basically doing primary for a second time (or third if you're a T-34 Transition). End of each block is a stan check to make sure you can regurgitate the highlights of the FTI, FWOP etc then onto other phase. Instrument check, a couple day/night VNAVs and a night contact or two and then a few weeks to checkout of the IUT and check back in with the squadron and maybe a Back in the Saddle flight (if its been more then 21 days since you flew) before you get turned loose on the students as the newest MIF monster.