• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

vision test and ocs

lenninscjay

Red-headed stepchild (MH-53)
...Pensacola NOMI similar to OCS physical?...

Pensacola NOMI for 98% of OCS graduates should be easier and quicker. Odds are, if you made it through OCS, you're not going to get wammied here unless you didn't disclose something at OCS or developed something since OCS.

I was out within a few hours and a short follow-up the next day for bloodwork. I had to do my 5 year (turned 25 at OCS after my original physical, NAMI makes you redo a full physical at 25, 30, 35 etc and a short annual one every year between then.) Some guys were out within an hour of checking in because they had no tests that needed to be run.

From what I gathered from the above posts, the OCS physical is done almost immediately once you arrive to OCS(?). If for whatever reason they discover some issue that would DQ you from being a pilot, what happens next? This might be a naive question, but can an individual opt out of joining the Navy at that point (I know all the papers are already signed)? I would assume you are stuck and get re-assigned to a different MOS.

Medical is usually Mon-Weds the first week, possibly longer for some classes. If you fail a vision test, hearing test, blood work etc. they'll usually give you follow-up appointments to retest before NPQ'ing you. You also have the right to request a re-test if they don't give you one.

If you do get NPQ'd, you can start the waiver process. Meanwhile, they might start the re-designation process while you continue training or move you to student pool while you begin out-processing (usually takes about 5 weeks) Search on here for what student pool is if you're confused, I'm sure its already been posted. Whether they let you continue training or not depends usually on the time of the year - meaning if they have other billets you can even re-des to or not.

Re-designation takes time too. If you get NPQ'd right before graduation they'll move to you student pool while you begin the re-designation process or out-processing if that's what you prefer. you'll have time to apply to the communities you'd like if they have billets available. You'll also have time to apply for waivers or re-tests if its a waiverable condition in anyway.

Hi folks, sounds like a lot of pilots on this thread, but is the eye test the same for SWO? Or do you just need to be correctable to 20/20 for that and not have a worse cap for uncorrected? Thanks all

As far as I know, even for pilots isn't it correctable to 20/20? I'm not sure what the SWO requirements are but if you're correctable to 20/20 I think you'll be fine. We used to joke at OCS that even if the SWO candidates lost a limb, they'd still be medically qualified (just don't contract asthma :p)