• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Video of V-22 debut at Farnborough

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
JetJunkie said:
Just spoke to my instructor (a retired Marine F-4 Driver)... he told me that the V-22 had to have one of its engine replaced on its way to Farnborough because of a compressor stall. :eek:

Please stop posting.

Reactions: E5B

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
JetJunkie said:
Just spoke to my instructor (a retired Marine F-4 Driver)... he told me that the V-22 had to have one of its engine replaced on its way to Farnborough because of a compressor stall. :eek:

OH......MY......GOD!:icon_long

or better yet:

oh ma gawd!

Reactions: E5B

gtg941f

pilot
I went to Farnborough today! The V-22 demo was incredible. The Mig 29 was also quite impressive. I'll post pics a little later.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
JetJunkie said:

That's exactly what it's going to say the next time you try to log in to AW. Taunt Squeeze at your own peril.

Brett

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
That is really damn cool. I got a question, how do y'all do Advanced? Do you do both helo and prop pipelines, or is it it's own separate pipeline?

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
JetJunkie said:

All hysterics aside, there was indeed mechanical trouble with one of the V-22's on the trans-Atlantic flight. The Atlantic crossing was supposed to be a big deal. Can't recall what the remedy was; I already tossed the paper.

Raptor2216

I've had the pleasure of watching the V-22 fly around Camp Barrett here at TBS and its one of the coolest things I have ever seen. I have some pictures that I will post up in a little bit. If I ever learn to swim, I will definately put it near the top of my list.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
JetJunkie said:
"Instructor said that they had to trash the engine. Anyone have any more info?"

"trash the engine"...meaning? Know this, if it isn't official, anyone on here with experience is going to gloss over what you post.

TurnandBurn55

Drinking, flying, or looking busy!!
None
JetJunkie said:
Well, anyone who gets offended by what I wrote above has to really be thin skinned. I would expect anyone who's a Marine would have thicker skin than that.

Squeeze is like that... he's a rather tiffy fellow... guys are like that when they fly without adult supervision ;)

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I was not the least bit offended by your post; simply annoyed. Every topic you see fit to address a TINS story, relayed to you by someone who did something. Enough already.

You have got to be the biggest wannabe I've ever seen on this site. This is not your sewing circle... enough 'educated' rumors fly around the various communities w/o every airshow fanboy throwing in their two cents.

Cobra Commander

Awesome Bill from Dawsonville
pilot
So if the V-22 had a compressor stall that means a big fire ball shot out of the engine which is usually caused by too high an angle of attack? Or am I thinking of somthing else? I bet it's pretty trick to fly the Osprey with an engine out! Glad nobody got hurt.

Riper Snifle

OCC 194 TBS C 03-07
Very cool video. Thank you for sharing. Quick question- anyone know if the V-22 is capable of looping or barrel rolling?? I doubt many aviators would get the opportunity to do this, but a previous video on this website showed a Ch-53 doing loops and rolls back in 1968, and I was just curious if the V-22 had similar capabilities or if it was limited in that maneuvaribility regard. (Not that anyone but test pilots would do this, just curious if it could be done). :)