• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Vicki's path to flight school (a female perspective)

vicki

Jeff,

Congrats. I'll be leaving NY on the 2nd or 3rd of April. I would love to hear any and all gouge and suggestions. Feel free to post or e-mail me. Thanks a lot.

vicki

I won't be in y'alls class (unless I really screw up), but I'll be seeing ya down there. I start on April 7th.

Also a geriatric case (turn 25 on April 29), full time veterinarian, part time TGI Friday's bartender. As far as nicknames go, after eight years tending bar, answer to anything except ice cubes rattling or slamming your glass on the bar ;-) I'm sincerely hoping that knowing I've spent the last year being paid to castrate everything from cats to horses might make the DIs take pause before launching a full-fledged assault. Evil laugh.
Good luck to everyone and see you in Pensacola for the fun and games otherwise known as indoc'.

vicki

OCS Orders

I got my OCS orders today. They said for me to report no later than 12pm on April 7th. April 7th is a Saturday. I've always been led to believe that indoc' festivities start on a Sunday. Has this changed? Do I need to contact someone (ie my recruiting district) to confirm the date? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

vicki

"Navy-type" blanket

Hey guys - what the heck is a "Navy-type" blanket? It's on my list of things to bring to OCS. Thanks in advamce.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You know...your big Winnie-the-Pooh comforter. At least that's what I understand a Navy-type blanket to be. All us divos have one.

--Steve Wilkins

n/a

Vicki,

What exactly is on your list? I was told to only bring what's listed on the OCS webpage. I start OCS Sunday and don't want to be missing anything required.

Thanks!

Trung

Falcaner

DCA "Don't give up the ship"
quote: You know...your big Winnie-the-Pooh comforter. At least that's what I understand a Navy-type blanket to be. All us divos have one.
God and i thought check six was bad

Edited by - falcaner on 03/28/2001 01:40:48

unfUSN

I have the "navy-type" blanket on my list too, I'm gonna call my recruiter today and ask him. I'll post his answer as soon as I get it.

vicki

Trung - I'm not at home right now. When I get home I'll find my list and post it.

Steve - D'ya think Care Bears'll be OK? I can't find my Winnie-the-Pooh. ;-)

vicki

Things to Bring to OCS

This is the list that I got

orders and five copies
birth certificate
marriage certificate / children's birth certificates
divorce decree
transcripts
prior service records

sports bras (women only I'm guessing)
underwear
swim suit
running shoes
checkbook, ATM card, $100-$300 cash
toiletries
2 white bath towels
socks
AA flashlight
"navy-type" blanket

Any other suggestions from those who have "been there, done that" on things to bring? Thanks.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Yeah, I agree... but google.com is so great at finding things, that I couldn't resist putting up those two pics, geez Steve, look what you started. Honestly though, still don't have a friggin clue what they meant by "navy-type" blanket, ie uncomfortable, scratchy made out of wool, or just plain dark blue in color?!?!

Had the day off, just got the sked for tomorrow, and I have thur off also... don't know what I am going to do. Would go to the beach, but I got fried at the air show thise weekend, and am already peeling. Thinking about calling up the gang and getting a morning tee time if the weather holds.

Probably should be studying something, but decided to clear out my airwarriors email inbox, and do some posting.

Dropped off my photos to get developed (no, don't have one of those nifty digital cameras, speaking of that, Matt, didn't you get one?!?! Where are YOUR pics?) from the PAFB Air Show today, should have those pics back, if any turned out ok, will post those.