• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

VFA Pilot attached to SEAL teams as FAC

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Is that a C-2 pilot? I think I'd be happy with that. At least I'm flying an airplane. I would honestly rather have that job than have any grunt job in the world. I really do love flying. I live near an airport, and still find myself to this day gawking at the airliners taking off and landing while I'm walking the dog. I'm pursuing a degree in aerospace engineering, and I've realized that I'm pretty sure any career that would challenge me, at least in some respect, and has to do with aviation, cannot steer me wrong.
I thought being tacticool was your priority.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
That travel is one of the really neat things about staff billets in the surface navy operating forces (basically numbered fleets and a lot of the -RONs). I got to boost my "list of countries in which I've been drunk" list quite nicely during my dissociated tour- and see a lot of really interesting parts of the world too.

That reminds of this one time, on my staff tour, when I was forced to attend a training seminar in the Bavarian Alps at the NATO School. It was terrible, I tell you what. ;)

Treetop Flyer

pilot
I know UAS assignments would be restricted to pilots, but would JTAC be as well? Or also open to NFOs?
NFO’s are FAC’s as well. In the Marines, only hornet WSO’s. There were Navy WSO’s in my TACP course but that was for their FAC(A) syllabus, a bullshit qualification. I don’t know if Navy WSO’s do ANGLICO or other billets but I don’t see why not.

Max the Mad Russian

Hands off Ukraine! Feet too
Apparently, being a pilot and a CW opened lots of doors for coolness.
Requal to 1320 and pick up the SIGINT job if you still want to fly and so be paid for it? Honestly, being CW by basic trade (though way out of date) I cannot see that coolness. IMO, CW is the most boring job, plus invisible KGBman is always between you and your wife in the bed:eek:

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Requal to 1320 and pick up the SIGINT job if you still want to fly and so be paid for it? Honestly, being CW by basic trade (though way out of date) I cannot see that coolness. IMO, CW is the most boring job, plus invisible KGBman is always between you and your wife in the bed:eek:

I'm a nerd and every time I've seen someone post 'CW' in this thread I think "who the hell still uses morse code?"

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Majority, yes. UAS OICs are ScanEagle qualified, but never fly. Its open to both 1310 and 1320.
Is Air Warriors displaying the new USMC UAS wings as part of the avatar yet? Asking for a friend.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Navy UAS: depends on the platform. Fire Scout and Triton AVOs are all officers. Pretty much all 131Xs but they have one or two NFOs for diversity.