• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Vance Info?

skotc9

In the beginning Vance sucked. Then you learned how to fly. Then you realized you don't need to study as much anymore, the IP's start partying with you and you're having fun. I wouldn't sweat going there. And as for EP's, my ass never studied like Purdue above...and i'm sure that it was the same for Nick and Austin. I was getting decent sleep every night and having fun on the weekends.

Purdue

Chicks Dig Rotors...
pilot
anybody know of houses for rent or a good place to look.........having a little trouble

Most people I know (and like 85% of the Navy stationed here) live in Sunrudge Estates. Cheap rent, decent houses... I have three bedrooms, 2 baths, dishwasher, everything.... $650 a month.

But I wouldn't go renting anything yet, as you will most likely be required to live on base.

SemperGumbi

Just a B guy.
pilot
You guys make me laugh when all I hear is how bad Vance is, yada yada yada. Hate to break the news to you, but for all you Jet hopefuls, I can almost guarantee you that Meridian is worse than Enid. What, you're naming just a couple bars you go to in Enid? Oh, I'm sorry, did I not mention there isn't ONE worthwhile bar to go to here? The biggest parties I've gone to are on my back porch, and you have instructors yelling at you? Sounds like you'll be well prepared for Jdizzle.

Agreed.....one more reason to stay in P'Cola and have more fun while you can!

Purdue

Chicks Dig Rotors...
pilot
RetreadRand said:
I have been here quite a while and here is the basic blanket statement for Vance:
You are a six year old child. Period.
Formal release is like study hall with a proctor that you have to ask permission to go the bathroom.
The IPs sit around and watch you all day...as if you are lab-rats in an experiment. They then go their little room and comment to each other on their finds.
After they do their little meeting, they come back into the room and you get yelled at and told you are worthless because some guy forgot to shave his teeth that morning or whatever BS reason they can think of.

Flying here is awesome though...no EPS in the plane...I guess the chair force thinks doing it on the ground in front of everybody is good enough.

Then you get weekly tests where the questions are like "what is the 4th letter of the fifth word of the third sentence on page 3-17 of one of your pubs?" Everybody knows the answer, but nobody knows where to find it since people only study the gouge...because all the test questions are BS...then they get caught for cheating because they "found" the gouge..

IT is a stupid cat and mouse game that is getting old.
Go to Whiting.

I have never read anything so spot-on in my entire life. My roommate and I are laughing at both how ludicrous this sounds, as well as how true it is.

BTW, wish me luck... The Air Force is going to give me a wash-out ride (an 89 ride as they call it) tomorrow for getting airsick for the third time post-solo. (passively, maintained control of AC, no puking on the third one)

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
Good luck, Purdue. Airsickness really blows. What does the AF do to help you overcome? ie. do they do meds, spin chair, extra rides?

llnick2001

it’s just malfeasance for malfeasance’s sake
pilot
The Air Force is going to give me a wash-out ride (an 89 ride as they call it) tomorrow for getting airsick for the third time post-solo. (passively, maintained control of AC, no puking on the third one)

Good luck man. I'm sure the flight docs got you trying all kinds of witch craft. They recomended pepermint for me, so I started chewing gum when I fly. Helped me.

Purdue

Chicks Dig Rotors...
pilot
Good luck, Purdue. Airsickness really blows. What does the AF do to help you overcome? ie. do they do meds, spin chair, extra rides?

Doc's don't know what to do with me anymore... I've gone through the spin chair, breathing techniques, Dexo-Scope, crackers, wheat bagels, peppermint, ginger pills, ginger root, ginger ale, ginger snaps, Life Skills....

Here's a quote from my last medical visit: "Hey Edson, didn't I just see you yesterday? I've got nothing new for you... I looked in my textbook, and you know all of it. You probably know more about airsickness then I do."

It's not even that bad anymore... my last ride I just needed to fly straight and level for 45 seconds or so after my Loop-AileronRoll-SplitS-EstablishedSpinRecovery series before I started the second Spin the IP wanted me to do. No puking, I maintained the aircraft... didn't even go heads down or lose any altitude. But here in the airforce... getting airsick is a no no after your solo. Is airsickness in and of itself a hook-able offense in Corpus too? Cause if not, I'm going to have one more reason to hate Vance. ((BTW, the IP made me admit to airsickness... he asked me why we were flying straight & level... apparently "No, Sir. I'm not airsick... I just want to fly a little" isn't a believable answer. So he pimped me on it back on deck.))

So, combine my last "passive" airsick episode with the two active one's I've already had post solo... and it's not good.

Doesn't help I haven't gotten all the flying experience my classmates have because of my earlier airsick problem... yesterday's big complaint on my "check-to-elimination" ride? "You maintained your pattern altitudes within regs... but it was too jerky. See, right here in the regs it says "all control corrections should be smooth and positive." So, in other words: Good job staying within the requirements, but you just don't have enough practice to do it very well.

Wish me luck, I fly with a Colonel at 1500 today... he will decide my fate. I'm just trying to keep my head up, that's apparently what you do when people start telling you you suck.

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
I can't speak for Corpus, but at Whiting, airsickness does not get you an unsat on any flight. It does, however, incomplete the flight if you don't have most of the flight done prior to getting sick. I have flown with several guys post-solo during PA's who "just needed a minute" or needed to suck on the hose and fly straight and level for a little bit. If we have done enough PA's, I usually just knock it off and head in to the pattern. It doesn't even get written up. I had one guy get sick during RI's because he was under the bag. It got written up on several flights and he went to see the doc. He just kept flying until it wasn't an issue anymore.
The way you are describing how the AF is handling it brought me right back to my days at Vance. Good luck, the 89 ride is really "big picture", so hopefully things will come out in your favor.