• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Vance for Primary??

danthaman

The right to keep and bear arms
IMO the T-6's brakes sucked. But since the AF has long runway's at its training bases, not having beta really isn't that big of a deal for them. If I remember correctly we had a 7,000ft runway at Vance, which was plenty. The AF does not do split-field ops either. Does anyone know if the T-6B will have beta? I think the Navy will need it for it's primary bases.

The TAD does not eliminate the need to use rudder. You still have to fly with rudder, although it does take a chunk out for you. It trims you to within a half slip/skid ball. With all that torque, you need it. It required a ton of rudder at high power/high nose attitude situations (touch & go's and go-arounds) even with the TAD.

colgraff2008

Trying to get a little more back on the subject at hand, is anybody here currently at Vance?

I report in the next few weeks, and I heard a rumor that they were making all the navy folk live on base.

I'd really like to live out in town, and was just wondering if anybody had any gouge on that one.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
not there anymore, but it isn't true. Even with the Q not full, anyone who decided to live off base (navy or AF) could. call the NATU office and talk to one of the stash ensigns, they'll tell you the same thing.

rugby mike

All Navy and Marine personal are allowed to live off base but a influx of air force academy grads just got here and have been given the option of living off base for the first time. Until now, all single air force students had to live on base. There's a huge housing shortage to begin with and it was really hard to find a nice place. East Side is off limits because of all the Meth houses/labs.