• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

V-22 Chosen to be the new COD

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
Sounds like need to make the rounds at TBS and the VTs to show the young motivators how hardcore your community really is, because it has an image problem.

I've got a few friends who fly the MV-22 and love it. Every Marine with the exception of one that I met during my time as VT instructor planned on putting it last on their selection sheet. The usual response was they wanted a platform where they could support Marines on ground. Somewhere between TBS and the Marine IPs at the VTs, word got out that the Osprey isn't that platform.

That's because the studs don't know shit. It's not their fault though. We haven't been able to send any meaningful number of V-22 guys to flight school for instructor tours due to manpower issues. All the studs hear is anecdotal knowledge from IPs who heard stories from a guy they know or who read news paper articles. I hope that problem is fixed soon.

As for leadership being afraid to put the Osprey in harms way: I know a lot of guys who are going to disagree with you.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
That's because the studs don't know shit. It's not their fault though. We haven't been able to send any meaningful number of V-22 guys to flight school for instructor tours due to manpower issues. All the studs hear is anecdotal knowledge from IPs who heard stories from a guy they know or who read news paper articles. I hope that problem is fixed soon.

As for leadership being afraid to put the Osprey in harms way: I know a lot of guys who are going to disagree with you.

I'm not the one you have to convince. There was some serious poison in the koolaide re: the MV-22 when I was an IP. Even more so than there was for VP during the community dark ages before P-8 came along (and that's saying something)

For the sake of your community I hope that gets fixed. It's a lot better being in a community moral wise when people are excited about it and it's a top choice than when everyone is leery of what they've gotten themselves into.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
For the sake of your community I hope that gets fixed. It's a lot better being in a community moral wise when people are excited about it and it's a top choice than when everyone is leery of what they've gotten themselves into.
Meh. If anyone is judging their community before starting to negotiate shore tour orders, they arguably don't have the experience to make an informed decision.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Meh. If anyone is judging their community before starting to negotiate shore tour orders, they arguably don't have the experience to make an informed decision.

We're talking about Post TBS, API motivators selecting out of primary. Full of piss and vinegar and a romanticized idea about the Marine Corps being fueled by gouge they heard 15th hand.

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
We're talking about Post TBS, API motivators selecting out of primary. Full of piss and vinegar and a romanticized idea about the Marine Corps being fueled by gouge they heard 15th hand.

That's too bad really. I will say that I haven't seen any reluctance or sad faces on nuggets coming out of the RAG. They all seem pretty happy to get to the fleet. Or they're excited they finally got to San Diego

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
What exactly is a 'power module'? The engine, part of it or something else?
Everything except the big ass fan, exhaust nozzles, and gearbox.
Engine_of_F-35.jpg

Last edited:

jtmedli

pilot
The Navy training track for the CMV-22 has not been established, but will most likely resemble the Marine Corp track. That track does not include the T-45.

So basically, welcome to helos my point nosed brethren. The land of milk and honey (and tailhook and per diem) shall now become the land of outcast with follow on orders to South Whiting. You too will soon be CAGs red-headed step-child. Prepare yourselves. ;)

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
"Powered Lift"

The AF does T-6 in Primary, UH-1's in Advanced, wings, then off to V-22 directly.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
"Powered Lift"

The AF does T-6 in Primary, UH-1's in Advanced, wings, then off to V-22 directly.
Don't the Marines run through a hybrid helo/T-44 thing? I think that sounds much better.