• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

V-22 Chosen to be the new COD

jmcquate

Contributor
So hypothetically if I was Intermediate/Advanced I would go report to train with the marines on the V-22?

Primary - Intermediate (T-44), (Advanced, T-45/TH-57?)
One step at a time Sparky. Graduate from somewhere, while getting accepted into an officer program.

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
So hypothetically if I was Intermediate/Advanced I would go report to train with the marines on the V-22?

The Navy training track for the CMV-22 has not been established, but will most likely resemble the Marine Corp track. That track does not include the T-45.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor

When the MV-22 pipeline first came out 10 years ago I believe Marines did full C-12 advanced and then full TH-57 advanced... Something about them having more experience before they crashed another one of the things, at the time. Somewhere along the line, someone who could count realized it took their guys/girls just short of forever to get winged, and it was pretty expensive, so they came up with a bastardized intermediate/advanced pipeline, that's shorter than both full syllabus. I'm not 100% sure if they're allowed to use T-44C But I think they are because everyone else does because of the glass cockpit.

I haven't bothered to ask in about 4Years so I'd wait for a Yut, or someone who actually cares to do the research on the current info answer the question to come along for a better idea of what the training pipeline entails today.

JollyGood

Flashing Dome
pilot
When the MV-22 pipeline first came out 10 years ago I believe Marines did full C-12 advanced and then full TH-57 advanced... Something about them having more experience before they crashed another one of the things, at the time. Somewhere along the line, someone who could count realized it took their guys/girls just short of forever to get winged, and it was pretty expensive, so they came up with a bastardized intermediate/advanced pipeline, that's shorter than both full syllabus. I'm not 100% sure if they're allowed to use T-44C But I think they are because everyone else does because of the glass cockpit.

I haven't bothered to ask in about 4Years so I'd wait for a Yut, or someone who actually cares to do the research on the current info answer the question to come along for a better idea of what the training pipeline entails today.

Out of Primary, the track is head over to South Field to fly the -57, then back to Corpus to fly the C-12. I have only heard of guys going to VT-35 in the Osprey pipeline.

Mr. Blonde

My ass is a motherfuckin' champion
pilot
Jolly - Do you happen to know if that sequence changed in the last few years? Just curious because a friend of mine from primary went from VT2 to Corpus and then back to Whiting for wings. I thought it was a bit ridiculous at the time, but I guess you would have the same issue with studs who did primary in Corpus the way you described it currently.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
My roommate from Corpus got sent TAD to Whiting for his -57 portion, god damn per diem and all. Great drug deal, so of course they turned it off. This was ~2010 timeframe.

JollyGood

Flashing Dome
pilot
Jolly - Do you happen to know if that sequence changed in the last few years? Just curious because a friend of mine from primary went from VT2 to Corpus and then back to Whiting for wings. I thought it was a bit ridiculous at the time, but I guess you would have the same issue with studs who did primary in Corpus the way you described it currently.

I am not sure if the sequence changed, but I do know that if selected Ospreys out of Primary from Corpus or you are a re-tread from Kingsville you will go Whiting then back to Corpus for wings.

My roommate from Corpus got sent TAD to Whiting for his -57 portion, god damn per diem and all. Great drug deal, so of course they turned it off. This was ~2010 timeframe.

And the TAD/drug money was awesome but I believe it has been nixed, just like all E2/C2 orders are PCS now with the last class of TDY/per diem winged on 31 July.

BleedGreen

pilot
At one of our recent Commodore's calls, they mentioned the new osprey pipeline that should be rolling out in 2016. Our Commodore said the latest change will be students who select osprey's will stay in the VT's to complete an extended instrument syllabus in the T6. After that they will head to south field for the full helicopter advanced syllabus.

Jublov

Play Top Gun Til' the VHS breaks
Do you think our C-2s are gonna be sold to foreign nations or to the scrap heap pile? :(

Jublov

Play Top Gun Til' the VHS breaks
For the new C-2 Aviators wanting to transition to the V-22 "because they're ugly"