• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USS Lincoln CVN-72 CQ Det 12-08

a2b2c3

Mmmm Poundcake
pilot
Contributor
No fair Master. You've been flying orange and white aircraft for longer than I've been alive.

stalk

Lobster's Pop
pilot
MB, nice job and congrats leading by example! So the question is...Did the King Kat really help you prepare for the boat?

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
MB, nice job and congrats leading by example! So the question is...Did the King Kat really help you prepare for the boat?

Ah, the King Kat, yet another part of the lore of the legend. Generations of aspiring aviators to come will look upon his works and despair...(apologies to Shelly/Smith's sonnets (re Ozymandias))

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Congrats guys! I watched some of you Meridian dudes bouncing at El Centro last week. Trust me, the next time you go to the boat it will be 10 times better- and at night! Night landings aren't that much harder until you have starboard winds and pitching deck to go with it. :eek:

Did they still have the 3 wire stripped while you were out there? The day I left, they decided that we'd worn it out during CQ...

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
And for all of you that trapped aboard USS BOAT, you can now become members of Tailhook. Congrats.

-ea6bflyr ;)

Old R.O.

Professional No-Load
None
Contributor
And for all of you that trapped aboard USS BOAT, you can now become members of Tailhook. Congrats.

-ea6bflyr ;)

What ea6bfly meant to say...

You can become a REGULAR member of Tailhook. Anyone with money can become a member... an ASSOCIATE member, but only those who have made a trap can become a REGULAR member.
The Difference..?
As a regular member you can vote for the board of directors... that's the difference.
So... all you guys be sure and join. The way we've been losing members in the past few years, I need some job security.
(The Tailhook Association has slowly been losing members, due to several reasons... the old guys are dying out and the community is shrinking... plus guys just aren't re-upping at the end of their membership, be it one, two, or three years. There is a Nugget deal for those who have just qual'd, you get a year's free membership. PLUS... [shamless plug here] four issues a year of the best Naval Aviation magazine in the world, THE HOOK)

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
What ea6bfly meant to say...

You can become a REGULAR member of Tailhook. Anyone with money can become a member... an ASSOCIATE member, but only those who have made a trap can become a REGULAR member.
The Difference..?
As a regular member you can vote for the board of directors... that's the difference.
So... all you guys be sure and join. The way we've been losing members in the past few years, I need some job security.
(The Tailhook Association has slowly been losing members, due to several reasons... the old guys are dying out and the community is shrinking... plus guys just aren't re-upping at the end of their membership, be it one, two, or three years. There is a Nugget deal for those who have just qual'd, you get a year's free membership. PLUS... [shamless plug here] four issues a year of the best Naval Aviation magazine in the world, THE HOOK)

How about THE HOOK. Crisp, clean, chock full of great phtography, history, humor, etc. It's got it all going on thanks to tireless efforts of the staff, commitment to and understanding of the heart of Naval Aviation and a certain roving managing editor.

Rothman

pilot
Congrats to all quals, though none of you bitches bothered to look me up while you were in town. Tailhook is great, I just got my first issue of the magazine after I signed up for free, and a sweet polo with wings and a hook.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So, MB is there a thread somewhere chronicling your SNA saga?

Surely you jest. Note MB's profile (wings already in place). His legendary status is from his transition from rotary to tailhook not as an SNA, but as a 1310. Just go to his profile and slect option to view his posts. Pick a page and dig in. His saga is AW, like the Matrix, he is everywhere.