• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USMC NFO Questions

seth_h

I'm 26 (will be 28 when I commission) with no prior military service. My age waiver came back approved and I just got selected for PLC this summer with a NFO contract. It is possible but I know it was very competitive. My OSO wouldn’t send my package up to the board unless I was at a 5/6/6 ASTB and a 275 PFT. I ended up with a 6/6/6 and a 287. Good luck.

What was your GPA?

Renegade One

None
The Marines will be out of the NFO business in a few years - possibly as early as 4-5 years. Don't be an NFO if you want to be a pilot.
Well, I know some Marine NFOs at Miramar who are "loving life" in the C-130J...not sure how fast that may be going away. But for TACAIR...what Brett said sounds about right. Actually, I have never figured out how the USMC intends to replace the AWESOME multi-mission capability of the two-seat Hornets in the VMFA(AW) squadrons. Still can't believe GEN Amos hasn't called to "sound me out" on the issue...? :confused: