• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USMC fighter jet availability and commitment

Status
Not open for further replies.

ea6b

Banned
i have decided to earn a commision as a second Lt in the marine corps threw the PLC OCS option that im sure everyones familiar with, my question conerns the availabilty of fighter jets (f22 raptor, f18 hornet). i am a hard working student that loves high performance jets, i am physically fit and i have a natural understanding of physical science.

can anyone try to explain if there is a fair chance i could aquire the plane i want threw the marine corps as a regular student without comming from the acedemy or any other higher qualifing means of commision. what are my chances ?

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
i have decided to earn a commision as a second Lt in the marine corps threw the PLC OCS option that im sure everyones familiar with, my question conerns the availabilty of fighter jets (f22 raptor, f18 hornet). i am a hard working student that loves high performance jets, i am physically fit and i have a natural understanding of physical science.

can anyone try to explain if there is a fair chance i could aquire the plane i want threw the marine corps as a regular student without comming from the acedemy or any other higher qualifing means of commision. what are my chances ?

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor

If you are still in grade school you might have a slim chance; you'd better hit the English books hard though. :icon_wink

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
And asking the question which shall not be asked on this board probably doesn't help either. Well, it's probably a neutral factor as the USMC sees it, but in terms of getting your questions answered here, no.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
i have decided to earn a commision as a second Lt in the marine corps threw the PLC OCS option that im sure everyones familiar with, my question conerns the availabilty of fighter jets (f22 raptor, f18 hornet).

You will have a chance to fly a Hornet. Nobody has a crystal ball to tell you anything more. It will be a matter of your performance and needs of service at time you reach selection. Note: you're going to catch a lot of grief here if you ask any variation of "What are my chances?" and take even more incoming (vice "incomming") if you don't improve your spelling/grammar. Take your post and run it through (as opposed to "threw") a spellchecker and you'll see what we mean.

BTW - your chances of getting selected for the F-22 Raptor out of flight school are zero since it is only flown by the Air Force.

There's a lot of great info on this forum if you just look around and do a few searches. Research your options and look around before you open your mouth and say something dumb. You also really need to improve your spelling and grammar. Just pick up a few novels or something- I guarantee that your writing skills will improve.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
If you are still in grade school you might have a slim chance; you'd better hit the English books hard though. :icon_wink
A comma splice in a sentence mocking someone else's grammar. Ah, the irony. :D

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
A comma splice in a sentence mocking someone else's grammar. Ah, the irony. :D
Well played sir! :icon_redf I guess I shouldn't be posting without my old man glasses on; or maybe it was all that beer I drank while working in the yard. :D

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
obvious troll is obvious

Our Mod Team is quite adept at sniffing out trolls and I'd agree that maybe someone using "ea6b" for a username, but professing a burning desire to fly jets looks like a devilish/bored Flight Instructor trying to bait the Mods. However, we don't automatically go for the Troll hammer and do check out suspicious postings. I can confirm that young ea6b is indeed a talented wrestler as he claims with fastest pin in a meet under his belt on an unbeaten team last winter season. He has a valid Internet identity and isn't masking his "audit" trail. As long as he doesn't ask about his chances again, he's free to keep visiting and learning.

ea6b

Banned
USMC jet pilots WANTED

hey guys,

i want to hear from all of the Marine corps Officers out there that are flying high performance jets, fighters to be specific. how many earned there commission through OCS, what kind of students were you, what sports and activitys were you involved in ?

i am an aspiring Marine corps Officer and fighter jet pilot, i do not know anyone like this in person and i would like to hear anything you guys have to say.

Thanks, nick.

KBayDog

I don't fly a high-performance jet; in fact, I only fly a medium-performance helicopter. It's okay, my feelings aren't hurt.

Good luck in your search for a high-performance jet pilot.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
hey guys .... i am an aspiring Marine corps Officer and fighter jet pilot...
Biography:
future ace

pizza delivery

Question: why do they ALWAYS come from New York and why is 'pizza' frequently in the mix ... ???

Just a few more posts ... wait for it .... wait for it ... and then the hammer falls ... :)

It's sweet, watchin' ... ain't it ??? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.