• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USAF or Naval Aviation?

VFA-203 Forever

So You Like To Put fishsticks in your mouth?
I was just at work this morning (911 EMT) and a nurse overheard my partner talking to our patient about my desire to be a naval aviator and the nurse had it in him to say "Oh.... the NAVY huh??? maaaaan... that's a shame" to which I said, "Lemme guess... the Chair Force, right?" it was pretty funny watching him turn from smart ass to pissed off in about 2 seconds. Everybody laughed and then he had the 'good sense' to say, "he wants to join the Navy because he doesn't want to be a real pilot." All I said was "you know what everybody says about "The Force" right? Flare to land, squat to pee" and then I left. I didn't want to waste any more of my time.

Yeah, A friend of mine is contemplating going into ROTC to become an Army Officer (In College) but she (Yes, She) wants to be a Marine Officer like her grandad. I told her Go Navy and please for the love of God go anywhere but Army. To which I get a reply of the Navy is for "Faggots and Sailors".

Guess I want to be a faggot :confused: *sigh* Needless to say, I didn't have too much else to say to her.

AFBrandon

Or too many

Seriously though guys, some of you take this branch rivalry thing too far. We're all fighting the same bad guys here.

jazzdude

I went AF because 6 years ago I figured it would be my best bet at flying (now having been reading this site for a while, I see there were a lot more options that I was not aware of). Now I'm in A pool at Whiting, and narrowly avoided the NAMI-Whammy due to my eyesight: if I was Navy I'd be done, but since I'm AF and have a waiver, I'm good to go to fly. So I guess things worked out (at least for me)

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Or too many

Seriously though guys, some of you take this branch rivalry thing too far. We're all fighting the same bad guys here.
You have obviously never worked with the Navy in the joint arena before. If you had you would know that nothing gets in the way of mission effectiveness. Everyone plays a selfless roll and takes equal pride in their part in a successful mission. If you thought differently then you are taking this debate too seriously.