• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USAA Homeowners Insurance Stupidity

Status
Not open for further replies.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I'm not trying to be smug/pompous, but I'm a CFP....

Sooooooooooooo ... you are (were?) a failed/disgruntled CFP ???? :)

Sooooooooooooo ... now you are an NFO-STUD ???? :)
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

It was not a beach property issue. A condo on the 3# rd floor would have been the same. And Phrog is right.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
So nothing you've said before this point (or, at all, because Phrog actually said it) had anything to do with the actual problem.

Sooooooooooooo ... you are (were?) a failed/disgruntled CFP ???? :)

Sooooooooooooo ... now you are an NFO-STUD ???? :)
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
Where did the failed part come from? I gave up my job, friend.

To anyone considering a second/post-military career in financial planning, this thread is a perfect example of why it's a better idea to just go ahead and shoot yourself in the face. Financial planners are just adult babysitters.

"What do you mean I can't have everything I want in every conceivable situation?!?!" and "I disagree with something you said, so you're obviously bad at what you do."

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
the average E-1 is generally more responsible than most turd college students who are still on mommy and daddy's payroll because they're directly affected by their actions.

You obviously don't know many "average E-1"'s.

I'm not disputing the rest of the post except for this portion. My college classmate were far more squared away than the vast majority of junior enlisted that I've been around in my 19 years in the military.

There's always the exception, but most E-1's have never been away from home (the same as college freshmen) but will get ZERO support from their parents (which most college students will). They will all make mistakes but the E-1's have no one looking out for them except for their Chiefs, Div O's and DHs.

I've had to deal with far too many junior enlisted who got a car loan for 20% or thought going to a pay-day-lending establishment was a good idea to agree your statement that the average E-1 is more responsible for "most turd college students who are still on mommy and daddy's payroll".

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
...Where did the failed part come from? I gave up my job, friend....
*sigh* ... it's a joke. A little one, to be sure ... but still; just a joke. :):sleep_125

*edit* ... I note I got 'rep' from you for the other comment (you know ... the attempted 'joke' part) ... and to make it really 'special' and personal, your comment was:

"Go fuck yourself" ...

????

I love it: for public consumption, you say ... 'friend'. Privately, however, you say: 'go fuck yourself'. Well, tell you what, 'friend' ... I trust it's obvious to state the sentiment is probably mutual?? Perhaps you might ponder that while you take some time off and sit on the bench??

By the way, in case you think I'm 'picking on you', personally -- I'd do it again if any junior said something similar to ANY more senior officer on the website -- active or retired. So you're not 'special' ... it ain't 'about you' ... it's about poor breeding, I suppose. Juniors don't give seniors gratuitous shit on this website.
I guess you didn't get that memo. If you don't like it -- take it up with the Webmaster. I grow weary with some of the mental midgets in today's Navy ... there's at least one or two individuals herein who have a long way to go -- and so very little time to get there.

Now tell me -- how's all that workin' for you ... 'friend' ??? (that's not a joke-part, just to help you out)

Oh, yeah ... I still like USAA.

phrogpilot73

I'm not trying to be smug/pompous, but I'm a CFP and worked with high net worth USAA members. I understand the financial implications involved in moving too soon after buying a home. Nothing in MB's complaint would lead you to believe he was denied a h/o policy because he planned to move anytime soon. He said that they wouldn't issue a policy because he has lived in the area for more than a year.
You're a fucking idiot who doesn't know shit about the military. HE DIDN'T HAVE FUCKING PCS ORDERS TO THE AREA. So Mr "I'm not being smug" financial planner for high net worth fucks, would YOU recommend to someone who could move to the west coast 6 months later to buy a house in the area? Or wait until they had PERMANENT FUCKING ORDERS?!?

YOU are the current problem with USAA. They should issue a homeowner's policy REGARDLESS of how long he's been here, because he was ORDERED here. USAA is SUPPOSED to serve the military - but now they care about their bottom fucking line because they opened the pool of members up to 60 million and it was sound financially (and now the RESPONSIBLE members are paying for the irresponsible members fuck ups).

MasterBates

So nothing you've said before this point (or, at all, because Phrog actually said it) had anything to do with the actual problem.

Where did the failed part come from? I gave up my job, friend.

To anyone considering a second/post-military career in financial planning, this thread is a perfect example of why it's a better idea to just go ahead and shoot yourself in the face. Financial planners are just adult babysitters.

"What do you mean I can't have everything I want in every conceivable situation?!?!" and "I disagree with something you said, so you're obviously bad at what you do."

I know retardo-boy has been banned, but I said it right here in the first post:

MasterBates said:
Get asked "How long ago did you PCS into the area".. I answered December 08.

USAA tells me they cannot write homeowners or flood if I have moved into the area greater than a year ago.
I did not even know I was staying here until 11 months ago. And was gone for 8 of the last 11 months.

Bold added for emphasis.

Status
Not open for further replies.