• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Urinalysis

flgator92

None
The board will determine if there was basis for the COs decision and would determine if you get retained, an Honorable, General, OTH, or some other category for having fewer than 6 mo of service.

Yeah, in this case, I think they would probably just give you an entry-level separation. I suppose there'd be no reason why they couldn't give you some other discharge classification, but from what I understood from those who DOR'd or were NPQ'd from the Naval Service all together or some other reason why they couldn't complete training, they were just ELS'd. I don't think it would be any different in this case, even though the servicemember would be separated for an infraction like pissing dirty.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Yeah, in this case, I think they would probably just give you an entry-level separation. I suppose there'd be no reason why they couldn't give you some other discharge classification, but from what I understood from those who DOR'd or were NPQ'd from the Naval Service all together or some other reason why they couldn't complete training, they were just ELS'd. I don't think it would be any different in this case, even though the servicemember would be separated for an infraction like pissing dirty.
It's up to the board members. If I were sitting an adsep board for this I'd be voting and trying to convince others of an OTH.

NPQ isn't the same as a drug offense.

flgator92

None
It's up to the board members. If I were sitting your adsep board I'd be voting and trying to convince others of an OTH.
Oh I would too. It would be absolutely ridiculous if you show up to an accessions program and test dirty. I only meant it would probably be most likely that you would get an ELS as you were only in the Navy for less than a week at that point -- although certainly that's not guaranteed.

KristenQT

What would happen if a candidate were to fail the urinalysis test at OCS
I can’t believe I’m giving this advise and in no way do I condone this but this is coming from a laboratory professional on urinalysis:

First off the metabolite for THC stays in your system longer than any of the other common drugs tested. About 30 days. Others only stay in your system for about 2-5 days. So do your math if you must.

Most drugs screens are just that... screens. It all comes down to the limit of detection. Your first morning piss is always the most heavily concentrated. If you drink a lot of water enough to dilute out your urine you may not reach that threshold of detection.

But there are other ways you can fail a urinalysis in MEPs or at OCS/bootcamp etc.

Blood in urine. For females this is kind of a bigger deal than males for obvious reasons however if you are afraid you may have blood in your urine. Take a lot of absorbic acid aka vitamin C. It actually causes a false negative on the urine test

UTI is an other disqualifier again more likely to impact females than males but if you truly feel the burning sensation ...cranberry juice/pills work best. They bring down the pH of your urine (make is acidic). Bacteria hate acidic environments and die off without having to take antibiotics

And now you all have learned something.

Switchstone

First off the metabolite for THC stays in your system longer than any of the other common drugs tested. About 30 days. Others only stay in your system for about 2-5 days. So do your math if you must.

While THC can stay in your system for up to 30 days, that will usually only be the case for habitual usage. For a single use, your looking at 1-6 days, depending on body weight, metabolism, how much you smoked during that 1 time, etc. DoD uses 15ng/ml iirc. Which makes it all the more surprising when sailors pop for it, let alone other drugs...

exNavyOffRec

While THC can stay in your system for up to 30 days, that will usually only be the case for habitual usage. For a single use, your looking at 1-6 days, depending on body weight, metabolism, how much you smoked during that 1 time, etc. DoD uses 15ng/ml iirc. Which makes it all the more surprising when sailors pop for it, let alone other drugs...

Too many other factors in play to say 1-6 days, yes the more a person uses the longer it will take to process. Having worked next to a lab where all they did was employment urinalysis and we had the occasionally discussion with them during lunch at Subway, their take was pretty much the same as @KristenQT but they said generally if a person has refrained for 2 weeks should be fine, they did say the ones that came in where they could smell the pot on them were often the ones that failed even if they said it had been 2 weeks (ie heavy users).