• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Updated list of things to bring?

Derek O

Good to see some fellow crewmen here! Does anyone know if the thin ribbons are authorized for inspections in Newport?

Truthfully I have no idea. But from what I've read, if you already have thins then bring them. But if you are planning on spending the money to have your stack made I wouldn't risk it. It seems as though the OCS folks are pretty lenient about what uniform items they accept from priors, as long as its all serviceable. Side question, do you guys know if we wear our enlisted ranks on any uniform for the duration of OCS? I have some NWUs with second class crows on them that I was going to bring, but I don't know if I should have my 1st class crows sewn on or if we're just going to rip them all off when we get there.

happyhourchris

I'm fly... I'm pilot.
pilot
@Derek O Good point. I think our NWUs will get those little anchor devices along with gold nametape. Hopefully some one who has already been there can chime in on this one.

Dangy

Pew pew pew
pilot
I plan on bringing my NWU's. Female NSU shirts are not the same so I cant bring mine. I will bring some blue shirts, not sure how many, no point in buying new ones. I am debating on raincoat and liner, not sure if it transfers over. Plenty of Navy PT uniforms probably around 6 or 7. I thought about bringing my PT sweats if I can even find them its been so long since I have even seen those. lol. I will ask some of the Officers in my command that have gone through OCS and see what else they recommend and will get back to you as soon as possible. Let me know if you find anything else out as well.

I'd bring the parker and liner. It's a big chuck of money that you will save. I don't think OCS swapped over to the new black parkas either. It's a inspection item, and Newport turns to hell late fall.

elmernite

PRO REC Y: SNA
Must the underwear be all white? Or can I come with a mixture of white and black and wear the white ones with the dresswhites?

-Ken

Spartan43

STEEEEEEEEEVE
None
Must the underwear be all white? Or can I come with a mixture of white and black and wear the white ones with the dresswhites?

-Ken
Next time, I recommend using the search function. This question has been asked numerous times in this thread and others.

The answer is no, the color of your underwear does not matter.