• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Updated list of things to bring?

akjim101

I have found everything on the list of things to bring besides navy blue crew shirts. Is there a specific color of navy blue needed? Any brand recommendation? I know they're to be worn with the NWUs so I just want to make sure I buy the right ones.

Spookcumber

I have found everything on the list of things to bring besides navy blue crew shirts. Is there a specific color of navy blue needed? Any brand recommendation? I know they're to be worn with the NWUs so I just want to make sure I buy the right ones.

If you can't get them from a military base, just wait until you get there to get them. You don't want to be the person to have shirts that are slightly off color.

Jules_W

The OCS website http://www.ocs.navy.mil/ocs_requiredpaperwork.asp (bottom of the page with asterisk explanations) says they issue the SOFFE brand 3 pk of navy blue shirts at OCS, so this might be the brand you want to look into buying the shirts from.

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
I saved the issued Soffe's for RLP and wore Hanes tagless. No noticeable difference, navy blue is navy blue.

I have a pair of ASICS stored away for RLP but i usually run in Brooks Pure Drifts. They're technically advertised as minimalist but really aren't. Would those be considered a problem?

EDIT: Well looks like that model is discontinued so moot point.

Last edited:

KAT_AWO

Prior E's, did you bring mini and large medals along with your ribbon rack? or just Large? Anyone know if they are against the Antiqued Aircrew wings? I have the Antiqued ones to wear with my dads EAWS wings he was first pinned with 30 years ago.

torpedotor

Prior E's, did you bring mini and large medals along with your ribbon rack? or just Large? Anyone know if they are against the Antiqued Aircrew wings? I have the Antiqued ones to wear with my dads EAWS wings he was first pinned with 30 years ago.
At OCS, you will wear NWUs, service khakis, and either the summer/dress whites or the SDBs.

Not sure about antiqued. I can't remember if any of the priors in our class had them, but I don't remember our class team saying anything about them (and they were good about letting us know what they expected uniform-wise).

Dangy

Pew pew pew
pilot

All the priors I've encountered worn the large medals. For convenience sake, I suggest to wear the standard shine insignia. Then again, you could wear them, and it might just cost you one point for two inspections (khaki and officer), if you cared about your score at all (In the end means nothing).

Derek O

I'll take the hit. Thanks for the reply Dangy.
@KAT_AWO What are you planning on bringing for uniforms to transfer over? I'm pretty certain I have nothing but khaki shirts from my NSU's that will be accepted. All my NWUs are getting a little old and likely wont be accepted. Other than that I think I'm just going to show up with minimal uniform items and buy all new stuff. And I'm leaving all my antiquated wings at home to avoid them being taken from me (if this is even a possibility).

KAT_AWO

@KAT_AWO What are you planning on bringing for uniforms to transfer over? I'm pretty certain I have nothing but khaki shirts from my NSU's that will be accepted. All my NWUs are getting a little old and likely wont be accepted. Other than that I think I'm just going to show up with minimal uniform items and buy all new stuff. And I'm leaving all my antiquated wings at home to avoid them being taken from me (if this is even a possibility).

I plan on bringing my NWU's. Female NSU shirts are not the same so I cant bring mine. I will bring some blue shirts, not sure how many, no point in buying new ones. I am debating on raincoat and liner, not sure if it transfers over. Plenty of Navy PT uniforms probably around 6 or 7. I thought about bringing my PT sweats if I can even find them its been so long since I have even seen those. lol. I will ask some of the Officers in my command that have gone through OCS and see what else they recommend and will get back to you as soon as possible. Let me know if you find anything else out as well.

Derek O

I plan on bringing my NWU's. Female NSU shirts are not the same so I cant bring mine. I will bring some blue shirts, not sure how many, no point in buying new ones. I am debating on raincoat and liner, not sure if it transfers over. Plenty of Navy PT uniforms probably around 6 or 7. I thought about bringing my PT sweats if I can even find them its been so long since I have even seen those. lol. I will ask some of the Officers in my command that have gone through OCS and see what else they recommend and will get back to you as soon as possible. Let me know if you find anything else out as well.

Thanks. I'll bet my sweats are long gone haha. But buying new PT uniforms isn't a bad idea. I'd rather buy what I can now here on base rather than have it all issued in the wrong size or something. I only have two NWU sets right now, so I'm sure we'll have to make a nex run and buy more wings patches and what not. I guess we'll just see what happens.