• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Updated list of things to bring?

Givemeinfo

The briefs I have wont give wedgies. Thank God. I searched forever for the perfect brief. I bought these Fruit of the loom women's 6 pack brief from kmart.
I heard some girls had regular underwear and it wasn't a big deal. I don't think there are kmarts in south Florida anymore, I'll check. I've had some good briefs in the past, I'll try to figure out where I got them.

skittle986

Ensign, Civil engineer corps, U.S Navy.

skittle986

What is "proper" civilian clothing to wear upon arrival at OCS. In other words, what will you show up with on 6 April? Running shoes with crew socks us a must. Jeans, sweats, hoodie???

What is "proper" civilian clothing to wear upon arrival at OCS. In other words, what will you show up with on 6 April? Running shoes with crew socks us a must. Jeans, sweats, hoodie???

I was going to show up in sweats (neat) and runners. I just don't want to be running around in jeans all day...comfort. After all, we'll be issued (i.e. we will pay for) our Navy PT sweats when we get there at some point. Lol.

skittle986

I was going to show up in sweats (neat) and runners. I just don't want to be running around in jeans all day...comfort. After all, we'll be issued (i.e. we will pay for) our Navy PT sweats when we get there at some point. Lol.

That's true and is a good point. I may follow suit with the sweats as well.

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
Ehhh, I don't know about sweats, to be honest. You'll spend half the day in Callaghan Hall doing paperwork, with the candios wearing their service khakis (although a few will wear NWU's). I would lean more towards slacks/chinos/khakis. They told you not to wear shorts, right?

skittle986

Oh, no they never specified anything not to wear it to wear. The website just said proper civilian clothes.

Givemeinfo

Oh, no they never specified anything not to wear it to wear. The website just said proper civilian clothes.

If you look back at the 'Faces of OCS' video you can see what other people showed up in. I don't know if that's the best gouge, I just remember that the video shows new candidates walking in.

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
I'm not sure if I can tell you why you shouldn't wear shorts, but you probably shouldn't wear shorts.

AaronJB

Dumb Ensign, VT-6
Well, in the Faces of OCS video they show indocs with their pants tucked into their socks. I'm guessing if you wear shorts that whole deal is kinda' tough to make happen. I'm not doubting there is a way though.

Last edited:

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
Well, in the Faces of OCS video they show the indoc's with their pants tucked into their socks. I'm guessing if you wear shorts that whole deal is kinda' tough to make happen. I'm not doubting there is a way though.
Yes, that was the reason. Some very scared and confused indocs wore shorts when we ran it as candios, and they did not know what to do at that point, which made them even more scared and confused. Then the herd of them charged up the stairs in front of them instead of going into the hallway behind them, and almost ran into me and the XO sitting at the top of the stairs. Luckily they were corralled back down before they saw us.

I'm not too concerned about what others will be wearing. I know not to wear shorts. Being AD, we receive training (continuously) about what is and is not considered to be proper civilian attire.