• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Uniforms @ Tbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

el_bastardo

Clux4, if it's on the gear list, it goes to the field. Doesn't matter what rank you are. You pay for all your food, nothing is given to you. Chow hall/MRE's included. You have to buy all your uniforms as an officer. It's a law that the government has to provide an allowance so enlisted can buy their uniforms.

I paid over 275 dollars to that fund for a few cheap kegs of beer, a few pizzas, and a cruisebook. And I still don't have my cruisebook. (1-04)

SpeedyJ

SNA, Meridian
Clux4, if it's on the gear list, it goes to the field. Doesn't matter what rank you are.

This is not entirely true. It all depends on who your SPC is. I never brought more than 6 or 7 MRE's to the field, regardeless of what the gear list said. I did usually lose about five or ten pounds on the long FEX's, but damn was Vinny's pizza good after that!

Taxman2A

War were declared.
Clux4 said:
I thought Marines at TBS are already Marine Corps officers

Technically, yes, but practically, no. You will get O-1 pay and wear butterbars, but other than that your lifestyle will not resemble the life of an officer. TBS is a great place to experience someone pissing on your back and telling you it's raining. You will constantly be told that you will be treated and addressed as leaders of Marines, and then you will constantly be talked to like an 8th grader, and get full scale ass chewings for not having a spare MRE in your butt pack during a group land nav exercise.

TBS is marketed as a "leadership school"... I don't really agree... My experience was that TBS actually detracted from alot of Marines leadership skills by impressing on them the "Be a hardass who says 'good to go' after every third word" leadership style. I personally watched Lt's come to TBS acting normal and leave trying to swagger and deepen their voices to improve "command presence" (Yeah, your Marines won't see through that **** in a second). It is, however a great school to learn tactics.

USMCBebop

SergeantLieutenant
I thought Marines at TBS are already Marine Corps officers
Technically, yes, but practically, no. You will get O-1 pay and wear butterbars, but other than that your lifestyle will not resemble the life of an officer.
Yeah, you're really just a high paid private at TBS! So stand the f*** by!

Clux4

Banned
This is takes place despite the presence of Officer (O-3 and up). I am just trying to imagine how this would have looked like with enlisted folks running the show.
An officer ones told me that TBS is nothing but Capts' hazing Lt.s'

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Guess what? You always will pay for your food in one way or another. You get BAS to eat in town, so if the Corps springs for MREs, your BAS is getting docked for that day. Mess dues will also be with you forever, although $40/mo is way steep.

And no, I've NEVER seen a boatcloak.

Status
Not open for further replies.