• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Uniforms! Holy Cow! These puppies are expensive! (Bonus: Tax writeoff gouge)

D

Deleted member 67144 scul

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 67144 scul

lol, you mean Ensign Upper-Half

Ah, who could forget the mysterious O-1.5's. :rolleyes:

If one wishes to avoid spending a small fortune for every single uniform at the outset, this is good to go by. Worry about getting more when necessary. And remember you get a $400 uniform stipend.

Last edited by a moderator:

shiner237

New with 2018 taxes, most people probably wont be able to meet the standard deduction threshold to justify these types of expenses.

Birdbrain

pilot
I have a tangential question about the sore subject of socks. The flight suit regs say that socks must be white or green 100% cotton or 100% wool which I assume is for burn prevention in case of cockpit fire. I can't find 100% anything these days besides BS which is in high supply, do you senior winged gentlemen think it's an issue?

V/r Birdbrain

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I have a tangential question about the sore subject of socks. The flight suit regs say that socks must be white or green 100% cotton or 100% wool which I assume is for burn prevention in case of cockpit fire. I can't find 100% anything these days besides BS which is in high supply, do you senior winged gentlemen think it's an issue?

V/r Birdbrain
Wear whatever socks you like. Nobody cares.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Considering the fact that a lot of senior guys wear Red Wings, I don't think socks would matter.
Concur. As a longtime Red Wing wearer, the only time it's a concern is when your maintenance department gets inspected by AIRPAC/AIRLANT. The PRs and AMEs on the AMMTs have a hard on for Red Wings and will hit you if they see aircrew flying in them.

BarryD

Contributor
Concur. As a longtime Red Wing wearer, the only time it's a concern is when your maintenance department gets inspected by AIRPAC/AIRLANT. The PRs and AMEs on the AMMTs have a hard on for Red Wings and will hit you if they see aircrew flying in them.

A former PR felt the need to educate the masses: