• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Under Armour Fit

E6286

OCC 191 Select
I am going to buy a shirt for training around here in the cold and was wondering about fit. I wear a 42 Jacket, but I don't know if I should get a med. or a large. Medium and Large Tshirts fit (medium kinda tight). How does the cold gear fit? Anybody have any clue?

E6286

OCC 191 Select
LoL, yeah, I was just going to order it online and avoid a trip to the mall since I won't get a chance to go for a week or two.....

Lawman

None
Under Armor is pretty tight. It seems to fit me a half size smaller then what it says, so if medium is tight on you now for regular shirts its probably gonna take a large. Go out to Target some time, they have a line called "Merona" in the PJ/mens underwear/socks section. I have found, after wearing it under a vest in both a frigged winter and a hot summer, it to be far superior to underarmor in 4 ways.

1. Its available in a lot more colors then Underarmor

2. Its softer and doesnt have that as abbrasive a rub as underarmor *(important when wearing a vest)

3. Its cooler when its hot and warmer when its cold

4. Its about half the price

Deffinately try it on though, I thought hmmm... undershirts I typically wear a small. Yeah I couldnt breath in a small, medium is perfect size on me and Im a thin guy.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
You're about the same size as I am... and my Large cold gear will ride up sometimes.

E6286

OCC 191 Select
I am 5'11 bout 160 lbs. Have you tried a Med. Bubba?

Also, will I be able to bring my crew shirt to OCS if its the Military Olive Drab Color?

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
I don't know about the Frozen Few at OCS, but use your judgement. If you're not going to be taking off your blouse, go ahead. The point is not to get caught out of uniform with your platoon.

E6286

OCC 191 Select
Okay so maybe wait a few weeks in and go with the flow from there. Anybody here go through a winter class here? Do they issue decent gear or will they freeze us for 10wks? In my opinion, better cold than hot, but I figure might as well be prepared.

Crowbar

None
I read somewhere recently that "Elite" wear is the only type of compression/anti-chafe wear authorized with uniforms. UA was specifically mentioned as being unauthorized. I've never worn this 'new' stuff and don't know anybody who has. Right before we left TBS there was a big stink about UA not being authorized anymore, specifically the t-shirts, and we had to cease and desist from wearing them, except in the field. I don't remember ever seeing anything in writing about it, but when the TBS CO says "Don't wear this stuff anymore" we didn't argue with him...to his face..

Q-ball

Marine CH-53E Pilot
pilot
The new Marine Corps Uniform order states that your undershirt can be of any material as long as it is Olive Drab Green. Look it up if you like. Sounds like more of the TBS harrasment package.

Crowbar

None
The new Marine Corps Uniform order states that your undershirt can be of any material as long as it is Olive Drab Green. Look it up if you like. Sounds like more of the TBS harrasment package.

Actually I did. You forgot this part:
"MARINES MAY WEAR OPTIONAL PLAIN, OLIVE GREEN LONG- OR SHORT-SLEEVE UNDERSHIRTS OF ANY MATERIAL, AS LONG AS THE SHIRTS MEET THE COMMAND'S MINIMUM SAFETY STANDARDS AND HAVE A MARINE CORPS APPROVAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER".
Guess now I have seen it in writing.

livefast

UA Tactical shirts have a logo that matches the shirt so it is not visible. As far as sizing, I buy Large for the tight-fitting ones (I'm 5'8", 160 lbs) and Medium for the loose gear.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
I wear a lot of Under Armour and I gotta tell you it is the best stuff in the world. Livefast was right on when he recommended UA Tactical. E6286, if you got any questions about size, there are sizing charts on the website when you order your product. Usually for shirts, the sizes are as follows:

Shoulder Dimension(inches)
Small= 35-37
Medium= 38-40
Large= 41-43
X-Large= 44-47
XXL= 48-51
XXXL= 52-55

I am about 5'11", 220, with 45 inch shoulders and I wear an XL. The only other measurement you might have a problem with is how far your gut sticks out(if you have one). Also, somebody mentioned about them riding up, well if you tuck them in they won't do that and also they are designed to fit differently than a regular cotton shirt, so they won't hang down. Remember, they were designed to fit under shoulder pads and football gear, they've just been adapted for wear under other circumstances. I personally don't have anything bad to say about the stuff, but it's a matter of personal opinion.

Also, you can get a great discount if you order directly from the factory. I believe they will also offer a military discount.