• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Under Armour Authorization?

Status
Not open for further replies.

d_bossart

Ok, to correct my last post, DO NOT order any UA from American Public Safety. They will process your order online, but will not tell you that all of their UA is on 2 week back order. BTW, the guy at APS told me that the tactical UA is on back order because it is all being shipped to Iraq from the factory.

trvsmrtn

pilot
There was an article in Navy Times 2 weeks ago about UA. Apparently that is the number one item being shipped to soldiers, sailors and Marines overseas right now. According to the article, UA isn't authorized by any service, but it is being looked at as organizational clothing which can supercede uniform regs. The services are looking at making it an authorized item and finding some cheapo company to produce them for the services for uniform issue. Expect them to be written into regs in the future and for the time being, when in Greece...

Rugger

Super Moderatress
Super Moderator
Contributor
If you happen to be in the area, the MCX at both Camp Allen as well as the MCSFBn have UA short sleeve shirts in both black and OD for $19.99. I think they had long sleeve Ts too, but can't remember for sure. Not sure what the reg's or habits are for Q-town, but the Marines and officers at the battalion level and FAST companies wear them.

FYI -- I wore them around the hangar this summer when I wasn't flying, but wore cotton Ts in the plane.

Rugger

H

Honour_Class

I have never seen any of this stuff up close. Is the collar on the loosegear close enought to an undershirt to pass as such?

Specifically, I am looking to buy some of the white underarmour gear to wear under my wash khakis up in the North Atlantic. Or is the underarmour totally apparent, and ridiculously looking under such uniforms?

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I've sported the underarmour white tees under khakis. They just look like REALLY white t-shirts. The collar looks the same if you try on a few sizes and see what looks best. I got away with it for awhile until my CO noticed my "super white t-shirt", looked closer and then thought I was wearing a rash guard under my uniform to skip out of work to go surf. Word got around the wardroom, and everytime I walked in any of the spaces I was greeted with "WE WILL PROTECT THIS HOUSE!!!" Love those J.O.'s....(I still wore 'em, they stay white, look normal, are comfortable, and don't stretch out as much as cotton. I wouldn't trust a ship's laundry with them though).

edit: they are kind of pricey, somewhere between 15 and 20 bucks a pop I think, as opposed to the ol' Hanes 3 pack for what, 10 bucks? I bet someone makes a decent generic verision.

all that said, I don't think anyone would care/notice except surfers and the ship nazis, forever scrutining uniforms for "flammable, melt-to-your-skin" stuff.

and yes, before it's posted, I'm SURE it's against some regulation somewhere...I pick my battles...besides, Skipper thought it was cool...

magro

Under Armour

Can you wear the mock turtle neck under armour or does it have to be the crew neck?

H

Honour_Class

I've seen the junior enlisted wearing the black turtle neck under their utilities. I have yet to see an officer either on base or shipboard wear the turtle neck under any regular uniform with the exception of cammies.

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
Honour_Class said:
I've seen the teds wearing the black turtle neck under their utilities. I have yet to see an officer either on base or shipboard wear the turtle neck under any regular uniform with the exception of cammies.
For those that do not know the acronym "teds" ...

TEDS = typical enlisted dude … used among officers, never in front of enlisted/ considered derogatory ... from my experience hearing the usage of the term, it basically generalizes the enlisted as uneducated, driving cheap cars souped up like those off of “The Fast & the Furious”, always broke living payday to payday (due to 'souping' up their car & wasting their money booze, cigarettes & other stuff considered "typical" of the young & enlisted ), among some more generalizations.

Being prior enlisted, now a Captain of Marines, and without giving a big dissertation here, it's my belief that using that term is unprofessional and a display of ignorance and elitist. Use it on a message board, there is really nothing I can do, use it in front of me (the Marine Corps Officer Corps is very small) and we will have serious issues. Please think before you type, and don't use or speak a word just because it sounds "cool" or funny.

My 2¢

Semper Fidelis

H

Honour_Class

Thanks for the definition.

Have you had any experience in wearing under armour under your uniforms on either side of the house?

Status
Not open for further replies.