• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Ultimate game of Risk...

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Just for something else to discuss...
Pick your $100 team, but nobody gets to use nukes...
544CF9A6-2296-49D1-93A5-6B0D60DC68EB.png
Stole this from Funker350 (guessing they stole it from someone else)...

My vote is the US for $70, India for $20, and ten largest African countries to beef up numbers for occupation forces.

Enjoy!
Pickle

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Israel for $20 is good value.

India’s the real bargain. $20? Sheeeit. If anyone on that board has the potential to be an “upset/spoiler” it’s them. They could make real trouble for Russia or China and neither would see it coming.

For the rest? Either Norway; they’d hold up the russians well. Or spread the rest around Africa: Algeria (pretty good military for the money), South Africa, Djibouti (for the BAM and only port in east Africa).

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I read "WWII" at first, and wondered how you would get some parts of the Commonwealth without the others. Reading comprehension FAIL . . .

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Just for something else to discuss...
Pick your $100 team, but nobody gets to use nukes...
View attachment 17717
Stole this from Funker350 (guessing they stole it from someone else)...

My vote is the US for $70, India for $20, and ten largest African countries to beef up numbers for occupation forces.

Enjoy!
Pickle
US, Canada, Mexico, and likewise, though I'm not sure what I'd use the African countries for. Occupy Latin America down to Panama, and fortify the shit out of the isthmus to keep the Brazilians out. Everyone else has to fight an offensive naval war across the Atlantic and Pacific before they can even get troops anywhere close, against a naval force that's better-equipped to stop that than anyone else is to do it. AND then supply it the same way. I have interior lines and all the oil I need from the US and Canada.

And if manning, training, and equipping militia infantry becomes an issue, I can just tell everyone in flyover country to BYOG like Washington did. Screw conquering everyone else; I'll just make them beat their head against a wall till they quit.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
India’s the real bargain. $20? Sheeeit. If anyone on that board has the potential to be an “upset/spoiler” it’s them. They could make real trouble for Russia or China and neither would see it coming.

For the rest? Either Norway; they’d hold up the russians well. Or spread the rest around Africa: Algeria (pretty good military for the money), South Africa, Djibouti (for the BAM and only port in east Africa).

Germany for $40? Ummm, nope. India's a wildcard, the last time they fought with the Chinese they got their clocks cleaned.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Germany for $40? Ummm, nope. India's a wildcard, the last time they fought with the Chinese they got their clocks cleaned.

The last time the Chinese fought anyone, it was Vietnam, in 1979, and the PLA got their clocks cleaned. For the money, I’d take India.

Vid: Cope India

Hair Warrior

Contributor
France for $40, plus every country in Africa for $54 total, leaving $6 for either Sweden, Mexico, Greece, or Romania.

France obviously has 300 nuclear warheads and the only non-U.S. CATOBAR CVN in service, Charles de Gaulle. You'll get some coalition synergy because many African countries are French-speaking, plus Egypt owns the Suez canal and two French-built Mistral-class amphibs.

Among Sweden, Mexico, Greece, or Romania, it's basically a fielder's choice of whether you want a military presence in the Med, North America, Baltic, or Black Sea.

Blockade the Suez, siphon off all global trade around the Cape of Good Hope, and then use privateers to capture/divert all the shipping traffic into the African continent to supply your force. Good luck to anyone trying to invade Africa to stop your 54 united and well-supplied African countries. Keep the conflict at a low level and try to negotiate ceasefire deals with the U.S., UK, Russia, and China in exchange for special access to the Suez.

P.S. Nigeria and its Princes are your elite cyber warfare unit ;)

BigRed389

None
France obviously has 300 nuclear warheads and the only non-U.S. CATOBAR CVN in service, Charles de Gaulle. You'll get some coalition synergy because many African countries are French-speaking, plus Egypt owns the Suez canal and two French-built Mistral-class amphibs

Says no nukes.

The $40 countries are all terrible ROI. None of those are close to ~50% of conventional capability of the US.

Out of $20, the ROKs probably have the best mix of "gear" in quantity, but their skill is questionable in some "new to them" areas (eg blue water Naval).
Israel is probably best overall value, maybe Australia.
India's a wild card. They have a large force, but their shit is mostly old, and their procurement system is a trainwreck.

Out of $10, Norway or Italy is probably your best bet.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The last time the Chinese fought anyone, it was Vietnam, in 1979, and the PLA got their clocks cleaned. For the money, I’d take India.

Vid: Cope India

They have come oh so far since then though, almost every week I see something out of there that is alarming and the train ain't stopping anytime soon. And don't forget the Indians don't have much more experience than the Chinese.

The $40 countries are all terrible ROI. None of those are close to ~50% of conventional capability of the US.

The Brits and French still have the best 'all around' forces coupled with significant recent experience. Maybe not worth $40 but with more than anyone else other than the US and China, that includes Russia.

Out of $10, Norway or Italy is probably your best bet.

Norway by far, they mean business. The Italians....except for the Carabinieri, not so much.

Last edited:

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
That’s a different board game.
There are a few different board games ;)

Diplomacy_box_cover.jpg

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
$10 for the DPRK? No way. Just buying fanaticism.