• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

UFOs?

FinkUFreaky

pilot
Yeah I'd say it's a matter of definitions... I love reason, and objectivity. Policy should be based on that. I still have no problem with others believing what they will.. This hasn't been answered yet though; why would the atheistic types believe it's not possible that aliens exist? Is it merely that the odds are low, and that we haven't observed them yet? In that case, I'd hope you would see the flaw if that thinking were the norm; nobody would be flying supersonic jets if 100 years ago we just said "nah, it's not possible, we can only believe in what we've previously observed."

I also enjoy this discussion and it's amazing but even on the interwebs it's been pretty civil!
And no politics have been brought up.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
While there is no evidence for ET life, science would suggest that given a planet with similar conditions, life is likely to evolve. We're not prevented from thinking that ET can exist despite not observing it because reason leads us to understand that it's a likely outcome based on natural phenomena. Conversely, reason does not suggest that if we just wait around long enough, the existence of God will become self-evident.

It is my sense that life exists elsewhere in the universe - probably a lot of it. There may even be civilizations as advanced as our own. It is also my sense that the probability that any of them have visited this planet approaches zero.

RoarkJr.

Over the past month or so I’ve watched:

Stephen Greere’s “Unacknowledged” and “Close Encounters of the 5th Kind”, Bob Lazar documentary, as well as his Joe Rogan interview, and now “The Phenomenon.”

I would find it incredibly difficult to justify skepticism given the detail, corroboration, and credibility of the reports and witnesses in these films. We’re talking high ranking government officials, astronauts, photo evidence, government documents etc. If you are still a skeptic after watching these films and doing some research, I’m legitimately interested in knowing how/why for a sanity check.

In any case I’m of the opinion that full disclosure could be disastrous.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
photo evidence
Evidence of what? I remain a skeptic until I am aware of definitive evidence that ETs exist and have visited Earth. I don't think that's a thing yet. There's lots of evidence of things that can't be explained. That's very different.