• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Turn down the Navy?

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
My experience was people allowed to get out after a DOR was limited to API, and even then only a few cases.

There’s a board to determine why someone DOR’d and allegedly there is at least one chance to “take it back” if it wasn’t serious, although I never saw that happen.

Then you might spend some time stashed at the squadron doing not fun jobs.

If you did something Adseppy, you’ll go to an officer ADSEP board. (Rare)

For the rest, off you go to a redes, usually to SWO or Intel…

exNavyOffRec

My experience was people allowed to get out after a DOR was limited to API, and even then only a few cases.

There’s a board to determine why someone DOR’d and allegedly there is at least one chance to “take it back” if it wasn’t serious, although I never saw that happen.

Then you might spend some time stashed at the squadron doing not fun jobs.

If you did something Adseppy, you’ll go to an officer ADSEP board. (Rare)

For the rest, off you go to a redes, usually to SWO or Intel…
We had guys coming to the NRD on their way out that were dropped in various points of training, they hadn't yet put on LTjg but had spent a significant amount of time training, one had done OHARP with us and had been in helo training. They all were sent to us on the way to IRR, several had been NROTC.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I haven’t heard of anyone being denied a DOR and remaining in flight school. That’s probably not safe for anyone. They would either redesignate or be adsep’d from what I saw. Anyone who doesn’t want to fly isn’t going to be forced to.
Think you misunderstood me. I meant that a DOR would be required to stay in to MSR and redsignate, not be forced to stay in flight school. In the 1980s that is what happened. The contract allows for it. But there are obvious problems with it. Point in fact, a crappy SWO community who got unwilling "fallen angles" . SWO is only now recovering from that.