• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

TSA Precheck for Military

IKE

Nerd Whirler
pilot
I was informed at DFW today that I could not use the TSA Pre-Check line without the DoD ID on my boarding pass. I was then randomly selected to use the Pre-Check line. I forgot to empty my water bottle before going through, and the scanner operator just handed it to another TSA employee who kindly dumped it out and returned it to me (all this after I was through the metal detector).

It really is an entirely different experience.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Over the holidays they started assigning pre check randomly to reduce congestion. Some airports are still occasionally issuing random pre check is they predict long lines.

I still haven't signed up for global entry. The spousal unit has. I fully expect she will happily leave me behind nagging about my procrastination. No worries. By time I get to her she will have humped the bags off carousel. ;)