• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

TSA or T&A ???

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Everyone's all pissed off at TSA right now. They'll relax screening requirements, I'm sure. Then in a couple months another member of the Allah fan club will bring a weapon on a plane, and then everyone will bitch at TSA for not doing anything about it. I'm not saying TSA is the greatest organization in the world, but it seems to me they're damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Noooo ... no, no ... the airline professionals (read: Pilots) who 'deal w/ it' every day have been 'pissed off' at the TSA for nearly 9 years ... you're coming late to the 'game'. 'Everyone' doesn't count ... 'everyone' is basically sheep & clueless ...

The TSA is fucked. It represents the worst of the bureaucracy -- the blind, ignorant & clueless leading the blind, ignorant & clueless ...

I was 'there' on the ground floor ... I KNOW what I'm talkin' about ...

Believe it.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Screening pilots is stupid to begin with. If the pilot wants to destroy the plane, he doesn't need a freaking nail clippers to do it.

The passengers....well like most Americans, they want complete security without having to make the requisite sacrifices to make it happen. You don't want profiling? Fine. Then we'll scan you electronically. You don't like being scanned? Fine. We'll pat you down. You don't like that? Well shit...why don't you all just take whatever the hell you like on board, then?

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
.... You don't like that? Well shit...why don't you all just take whatever the hell you like on board, then?
We did ... and this is how I arrived in da' Territory in 1954:

lurlinealoha.jpg

No TSA ... no Rag-Heads ... no 'terrorists' ... no "man-made-overseas-contingencies" ... just a lot of sun, blue skies, and puffy white clouds ... :)

The epitome of 'kinder, gentler times ... '
:)

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
... TSA chief John Pistole ....
He's part of the problem ... a former Deputy FBI-guy who's really, really BIG on 'no coercive interrogations' ... no way, no how ... so it's no wonder he's a bright, shining star w/ this dysfunctional 'administration' and their policies regarding defending us ... God help us all.

Clux4

Banned
TSA can take a g-rated x-ray of me all they want. That is really the least of my worries if you ask me. There is no big deal to the enhanced pat-downs either. Pick your poison and get with the program. If you are changing your traveling habits because of the new TSA policies, it is because your purpose for traveling was not as important. When it is, you will get in line like the rest of us. In the face of growing threat to air travel, one would expect that the last thing on people's mind is their "right" to privacy. Who knows what the next attack will be. It is not as if we live in the police state where the government takes undue advantage of its citizens.

And to those suggesting other screening methods. Remember that there is no country in the world with as much airport/air-travel as the US. So, before you suggest a solution, you have to understand the issues that are US centric.

Political correctness is not going to kill us. Our desire for privacy at all cost in the face of imminent danger will. X-rays and enhanced pat-downs are by themselves not sufficient. However, they serve as a deterrence to would be terrorist.

He's part of the problem ... a former Deputy FBI-guy who's really, really BIG on 'no coercive interrogations' ... no way, no how ... so it's no wonder he's a bright, shining star w/ this dysfunctional 'administration' and their policies regarding defending us ... God help us all.

What do we do?
How can we counter the culture that has warped the thinking process of millions? *
I shudder when I think about the future of our Country, with all the right we have given up to feel safe, it should not be like this.

Political correctness is not going to kill us. Our desire for privacy at all cost in the face of imminent danger will. X-rays and enhanced pat-downs are by themselves not sufficient. However, they serve as a deterrence to would be terrorist.

Also what freedoms do we loose next in the the name of political correctness in the never ending quest for peace and security?

pilot_man

Ex-Rhino driver
pilot
TSA can take a g-rated x-ray of me all they want. That is really the least of my worries if you ask me. There is no big deal to the enhanced pat-downs either. Pick your poison and get with the program. If you are changing your traveling habits because of the new TSA policies, it is because your purpose for traveling was not as important. When it is, you will get in line like the rest of us. In the face of growing threat to air travel, one would expect that the last thing on people's mind is their "right" to privacy. Who knows what the next attack will be. It is not as if we live in the police state where the government takes undue advantage of its citizens.

And to those suggesting other screening methods. Remember that there is no country in the world with as much airport/air-travel as the US. So, before you suggest a solution, you have to understand the issues that are US centric.

You're kidding right? Political correctness IS going to kill us. We are being ignorant in how we are doing things. There is no reason that my children or blond hair blue eyed wife are getting the extra treatment. I got the extra deal while in uniform the other day and my bags got the extra search. We do have a lot more air travel than Israel or anyone else, so that's why we need to narrow down who we are screwing with. If these were blond haired, blue eyed Sweeds in red shirts that were killing Americans, then we would be looking for all of them that we could. I'm tired of the pussification of America. This wouldn't stand back in the day and it doesn't have to stand now. Do we next start full body searches of people walking around NYC because it's a busy area and you could be carrying a weapon? I have a right to fly, without being felt up just the same as I do to drive, go on a train, walk around a city, whatever.
If TSA would leave the old, white grandma alone and start profiling, then things would be a lot easier. If you look like any of the terrorist of past, then sorry, you get the extra treatment.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Seems as if a lot of the heartache is simply because the TSA employees are rude and have no common sense, vice what they're actually doing. For example, yes, you may have to search a child, but you don't take him away from his mother to do it.

A little customer service and human relations training might go a long way.

Of course, it doesn't help that the average air traveler suddenly becomes a complete asshole the second he passes through the front door of the airport.

OscarMyers

None
Sometimes i wonder if the quality of people they hire are not up to par with the level of power they are given. I remember a few years ago when TSA was on a hiring boom and it seemed as though the only requirement for employment was a heartbeat. These TSA officers are given the responsibility of a law enforcement officer but dont see it as a service to the people, only a paycheck. just my two cents.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Sometimes i wonder if the quality of people they hire are not up to par with the level of power they are given.

Ding ding ding!

I agree with Pilot_man, TSA continually needlessly harasses people who pose no threat, This article got my heart rate up a little bit. TSA Took my son

This story is believable, but I'd be cautious taking it at face value. (Modern twist on an old proverb, "Believe only a quarter of what you read in the internet.")

CAMike

None
Contributor
Throwing out political correctness is not the answer. Al-Qaeda, al-Shabaab and AQAP have all had success finding western, AKA WHITE, recruits.

I can't believe your fingers actually typed that. Where is you perspective coming from? What is the frequency of occurrence?

Your post gave me a flashback to my second grade teacher rapping my knuckles with a thick oak ruler for not thinking before speaking. Thanks Pill.

UserName

I am half afraid to write this on here because I don't want to start a huge fight. I just couldn't pass without throwing my opinion into the mix.

I don't think that racial profiling is the solution. It just seems to be a convenient sloution to those who don't happen to be in the category proposed to be profiled.

But while we are on the topic of profiling by "looks", why dont we start a few years further back.

Stop letting anyone that looks like this renting trucks...
timothy-mcveigh-1-sized.jpg
Don't let anyone that looks like this send any mail without seeing what is inside first..
ted_kaczynski.jpgYoung_theodore_kaczynski.jpg

I can't believe your fingers actually typed that. Where is you perspective coming from? What is the frequency of occurrence?

Your post gave me a flashback to my second grade teacher rapping my knuckles with a thick oak ruler for not thinking before speaking. Thanks Pill.

Daniel Boyd looks pretty close to one of my instructors. In this pic it looks like he even started growing his stache for the boat...
Daniel-Boyd-one-of-seven--001.jpg