• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

TS Clearance Question

rr-10

I can't speak to the circumstances you are talking about. If the person did not do it voluntarily and with intent, it is not valid and can be challenged.

Renunciation of US citizenship can only be done in front of a US Diplomat abroad. The Diplomat must be convinced that the person is doing it voluntary and with intent. If OP lost citizenship, he/she knew he/she did it.

I didn't lose my U.S. citizenship. I was 17 when my parents naturalized me as a Canadian citizen and my parents purposely waited that long so that it didn't affect my American citizenship. When I was still a baby they were able to have me become a Canadian citizenship because they Canadian nationals, but they told me they were worried it would affect my American citizenship, so they didn't. That's what they informed me recently. That's why they decided not to have me become a Canadian citizen when I had a chance to almost 20 years ago.