• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

truth to this?

olympianchc

Fox Co....TBS
Some 2nd LT friends and I were joking around about ways that people try to get out of the Marine Corps, and we got curious. We heard that while at TBS, if you fail everything you do for a while, they will take your bars away and send you packing...Is this true? Our platoon commander at OCS is the one who told us this... Also, have any of you ever heard of any other way that 2nd LT's have gotten themselves out of the Corps? Any funny ones?

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
Hmmm...well obviously that shouldn't be the goal but there are possibilities. If you fail enough tests then it WILL affect your leadership score which means they can drop you back to another company based on leadership. If you fail out of that one as well for ANY reason then they will revoke your commission and send you packing.

DUIs are always a good way to get the boot.
Having sex with another Marine in the Company
Getting married to an enlisted Marine AFTER knowing the policy.

Fmr1833

Shut the F#%k up, dummy!
None
Contributor
Run around naked with a rubber glove on your head screaming, "I'm a squid, I'm a squid!"...should work.

BILLDO

Liable to get caught on a trip wire...
HAHA Shenanigans........that's awesome. We had a guy and a girl in my company that literally got married like 8 hours after graduation or something like that over in Lunga. I always used to give him crap about "man you and her are going out, I'm reporting you,"(less pc of course) and he was so convincing that nothing was going on, I was totally shocked. Of course, we also had a guy...depends on who's reading. To quote another....SHENANIGANS!

PSno23

GEAUX TIGERS
pilot
freshy said:

Maybe you should find out the real story to the situation before posting something that isn't true on the forums. Maybe you just shouldn't talk about it at all... There are so many different versions to that story that it makes me laugh. :rolleyes:

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
PSno23 said:
Maybe you should find out the real story to the situation before posting something that isn't true on the forums. Maybe you just shouldn't talk about it at all... There are so many different versions to that story that it makes me laugh. :rolleyes:

You know I heard from the LT on the 3rd $hitter to the left and he said...

:D

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
PSno23 said:

Besides, if it is the incident I think it is then both of them are still in the Corps and only one of them had to repeat the POI...(this is factual confirmed crap, heard it from them directly)

freshy

Genius by birth. Slacker by choice.
pilot
PSno23 said:

Sorry. Didn't know I was touching such a sensitive subject for you. I was simply stating what not to do IOT keep one's commission. BTW how are you so sure we're even talking about the same people? This kind of thing happens more than you think.

PSno23

GEAUX TIGERS
pilot
freshy said:
Sorry. Didn't know I was touching such a sensitive subject for you. I was simply stating what not to do IOT keep one's commission. BTW how are you so sure we're even talking about the same people? This kind of thing happens more than you think.

I understand that, but doing so by telling a story where you don't have all the facts is unecessary. Especially when both the Marines in question did not lose their commissions. I know we are talking about the same people because we were in the same company. Rumors went wild about that story anyway. Let's not dig up something that doesn't need to be dug up.

freshy

Genius by birth. Slacker by choice.
pilot
Dude. Whatever. They might have not gotten the boot, but they definitely stood tall in front of the man and had to describe a sticky situation. I was simply contributing to the thread, again, of what not to do at TBS.

Just because I don't have all the facts doesn't make the story any less interesting.

I'm done posting on this thread....I already had one post deleted.

PSno23

GEAUX TIGERS
pilot
Just because I don't have all the facts doesn't make the story any less interesting.

And that is exactly the reason why you shouldn't have posted in the first place. Because you didn't have all the facts.