• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Trouble in the Goat Locker

exNavyOffRec

https://www.navytimes.com/articles/...seven-chiefs-on-a-deployed-cruiser-go-to-mast

Yikes. Hue City just had SEVEN CPOs taken to Mast, all from one note in the CO's suggestion box. Adultery, frat, and failure to report the former two.

As the article notes, that's roughly a quarter of the Mess. :confused:

What an embarrassment! I can't see the CMC lasting much longer if the CPO's that knew what was going on didn't feel they could say anything to the CMC, the only time I have seen or heard of that many CPO's getting masted was in a recruiting environment and they were NC's so they are often doing shady shit.

The ones one the Hue City that didn't get masted have their eye on EP's, because we know 7 who won't be getting it.

I have been in a CPO mess where there was suspect stuff going on, the problem was the ones doing it were all closest to the CMC.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
What a mess for Hue City.

I especially love how the Navy Times worked the phrase "leveled a knife hand" into a narrative that reads like they were in the room when it all went down (despite a slew of "cannot be reached for comment" statements). Oh, and the article's vague mention of racism, with no sources cited or (apparently) any connecting charges. Good job keeping that in everyone's scan- it's not like it's a hot-button issue or anything.

Looks like Navy Times is keeping pace with the modern state of journalism. The "us too!" is strong with this one. :rolleyes:

azguy

None
On a ship that size, everyone has some inkling of what's going on, especially with how serious and widespread this is purported to have been. Sad that it took an anonymous note for the command to take action.

CAMike

None
Contributor
On a ship that size, everyone has some inkling of what's going on, especially with how serious and widespread this is purported to have been. Sad that it took an anonymous note for the command to take action.

There's just about no chance Mom and Dad didn't hear rumblings of this previously. That's way to small of a ship to not hear about it. Maybe the folks over a What About Bob.com are in the know. ...or not! ;)

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
Lots of folks over at SB thinking this was all due to the fact that we let those pesky women start serving onboard ships....

azguy

None
^Only read the last page of the thread over there. I try to tailor my browsing on SB- much easier now after the CT split. There are definitely some angry old white dudes on that site. I'd still highly recommend it overall as a good resource for those interested in SWOdom.

exNavyOffRec

Lots of folks over at SB thinking this was all due to the fact that we let those pesky women start serving onboard ships....

If women aren't on ships then you don't have this problem, if you have CPO's that obey the rules then this doesn't happen, if you have E-6 and below that obey the rules then this doesn't happen, the fact is there are many things that could have stopped this, the most un-pc is the no women on ships comment, but it is technically correct as you can't have a guy sleeping with a woman if there is no woman.

I have seen CPO and LCDR, CPO and E-6, blueshirts getting pregnant underway, and many others. There will always be someone that will break the rules.

exNavyOffRec

As a commenter over there noted, there will always be sex on ships but that's different from frat.

Unless things have changed there should also not be people having sex on ships no matter the rank of the people involved, so you could have a person violating one regulation or two depending on the ranks of those involved, but my previous statement is still accurate. I would like to say if a guy keeps his d**k in his pants this wouldn't happen, but I have seen women be the ones that initiated the fraternization.