• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Tribute to the TOMCAT

Pugs

Back from the range
None
Nice. That early shot on the LL with the ship on the beach looks like the "Wet 1" LL off the Red Sea in SA.

beau

funny how all the flathatting video's come out when something retires! Good video though!!!

dodge

You can do anything once.
pilot
What are the different tail letters for? "NL", "NH", etc?

Also, how does a squadron name come to be? "Satan's Kittens" is particularly charming.

B

Blutonski816

dodge said:
What are the different tail letters for? "NL", "NH", etc?

Also, how does a squadron name come to be? "Satan's Kittens" is particularly charming.

VF-191 "Satans Kittens" got their lineage from the original squadron with the same name and VF- number...
They were originally a Korean war Era squadron that was formed from the Blue Angels... so to switch things around for their wartime purpose, they took the name "Satan's Kittens"

and the tail letters are for each CVW...
NL is from the now diestablished CVW-15
and NH is from CVW-11
West-coast CVW tailcodes start with N
and East coast with A
:)

Superclub

pilot
That video is Fighter Fling 2004, there are 8 or 9 Fighter Flings going back to mid -90's over at patricksaviation.com, if you guys like this one check out the others, they are all good, plus the site has tons of awesome flight videos

Mav

The F-14 will never be forgotten! It will live on forever in the movie TopGun. Its still the most beautifull Fighter ever made. I will always regret never flying it

flysupertomcat

Jim told me I can buy Gaydar online
yup Fighter Fling 2004. Got it at the Oceana airshow a couple of years ago, it's great stuff, no Tomcat fan should go without it! $20 bucks too! She'll be greatly missed

Falcaner

DCA "Don't give up the ship"
I really liked how the video start off with the fist tomcat ejection. Thought that was pretty funny. It was a great aircraft and will be surely missed.

Taz24th

Proud member of Class 903
To all the Tomcat crews past and present "Anywhere, Anytime Baby!", and thank you for your service with that magnificant bird. The plane and the community will be surely be missed. There will never exist another truely fighter squadron (VF) anymore in the Navy. History is passing us by this September, and its damn shame. Good luck to VF-31 with their transition period. Hopefully I will at least get to be part of one of the legacy tomcat squadrons, if I get TACAIR. Concentrating on IFS right now and its a long road ahead, but I'm out to do my best to get there.

-Taz24th

Taz24th

Proud member of Class 903
beau said:
funny how all the flathatting video's come out when something retires! Good video though!!!

Aww man, I thought 15-20 feet off the desert floor, while passing a dirt road, was a common altitude to fly at.:D

-Taz24th