• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Tribute to the TOMCAT

snort

Banned
Taz24th said:
Aww man, I thought 15-20 feet off the desert floor, while passing a dirt road, was a common altitude to fly at.:D

-Taz24th
lol, that brings a chuckle. I did Desert Storm and never flew below fl 500. :D

(Warning and note to readers: snort has not been able to verify that he has flown the Tomcat)

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
snort said:
lol, that brings a chuckle. I did Desert Storm and never flew below fl 500. :D

You're being sarcastic, right?

Service ceiling of the F-14 was (and for few more months still is) 50,000 feet.

What squadron in DS were you in?

Taz24th

Proud member of Class 903
Modern Marvels: Tomcat Sunset DVD is now available at historychannel.com

F-14 Tomcat: Anywhere, Anytime Baby!!! RIP

thull

The Tomcat will never end....because threads like this will never end... they will simply never cease. LEt her go, boys. Along with Maverick pre Christian Scientist second marriage booga booga. by the way,I flew in desert storm also. I flew the JSF. I flew it UNDER GROUND. over n out.

tk628

Electronic Attack Savant
pilot
man thull why you gotta be a buzz kill like that

flathatting is just using a little ground effect efficency right:) No reason to burn up the extra gas....

Intruder Driver

All Weather Attack
pilot
Putting the Tomcats in Davis-Monthan was also a first:

It was the first time an F-14 got within 200 miles of an A6 tanker and didn't have someone screaming "Tanker Posit."

As this long thread proves, with all the Top Gun and Mav and Final Countdown references: Fighter pilots make movies, attack pilots make history.

Pugs

Back from the range
None
Putting the Tomcats in Davis-Monthan was also a first:

It was the first time an F-14 got within 200 miles of an A6 tanker and didn't have someone screaming "Tanker Posit."

As this long thread proves, with all the Top Gun and Mav and Final Countdown references: Fighter pilots make movies, attack pilots make history.

Ummm, Flight of the Intruder? ;) Was rumaging around in a box the other day and found my A-6 25th anniversary bumper sticker with that on it though so it must be true!

Shakey

I'm talkin, G-5...!
pilot
Good post. If you can get a hold of any Fighter Flings from the 80s and early 90s, they're awesome. They have somewhat of a TOPGUN feel to them.

thull

man thull why you gotta be a buzz kill like that

flathatting is just using a little ground effect efficency right:) No reason to burn up the extra gas....

For a sec I thought you were calling me on my buzz last night..:D... good vid, long live my second favorite plane of all time...