• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Transferring from one pipeline to another

heynowlookout

pilot
Contributor
So what you're asking is if you're a rock star in P-3 advanced can you change to E2/C2. I've never heard of it. I think your only option is going the Masterbates route a few years down the road.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I knew 2 guys who were drafted during Maritime Advanced to go E-2/C-2. "Draft " being the key word since there was a need apparently. Nothing to count on.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So what you're asking is if you're a rock star in P-3 advanced can you change to E2/C2. I've never heard of it. I think your only option is going the Masterbates route a few years down the road.

Uhhhhh.........no. Like Zab pointed out, there are a few exceptions every once in a blue moon (requesting a transfer and getting drafted for one are completely different by the way), but that type of transfer rarely happens.

I have actually known a few people who transferred pipelines before being winged but it was always being transferred from jets to E-2/C-2 or P-3 etc and not the other way around. Zab's buddies are the first I have heard of a P-3 guy going elsewhere, and I have known a lot of aviators.

The only pilot transfer from props to jets that I know of was a Hawaii ANG C-130 guy who rocked flight school and got F-15's instead. That was an internal ANG thing though. The only NFO transfers I know of were guys who went Strike/Fighter to Strike or VP and one Strike guy who got Strike/Fighter because a guy cheated (long story).

So, long story short.......it does nto normally happen, so don't bet on it......:eek:

heynowlookout

pilot
Contributor
I stand corrected by those with greater experience, apparently anything is possible if the planets are in the proper alignment and a butterfly flaps its wings in Asia:D I should have said I haven't heard of it happening in the last year during the time I've been in maritime advanced/RAG.

Jr KLR

thanks for the info, sounds like I'm locked into the P3 community, but that's cool with me, the mission sounds awesome, just really wanted to land on the boat though. I selected pretty recently and didn't exactly get my first choice so just curious if I had any options.

I highly doubt I'd ever apply for a transition years down the road. I think once I get to my fleet squadron I won't be lookin' back, as brett said. Also, from what I hear you have to go straight back to an operational squadron (no shore duty) if you transition. Is this what you'll be doing MB?

MasterBates

If you call 2 years in flight school with ZERO responsibilut besides being a student, no shore tour, then yes, back to back sea..