• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

training pipeline

goose 80

I am trying to find out exactly where i will be headed to after pensacola nas. I will be graduating ocs in july and then going to pensacola but thats all i know. i have heard so many different things but wanted to see if anyone could give me a better idea. i have a family so i am just trying to prepare them and myself on what happens next. from what i am reading i think i stay at pensacola for 6 weeks then what? my goal is to fly an E-6 what are my chances and what would be the training pipeline for that? thanks for any input.

Kycntryboy

pilot
This is a rough training pipeline. E-6 stots are few and far between, when I went through primary I remember only 2-3 given out. No idea on what advanced is like for those guys.

STLEngineer

pilot
If you mean the E-6B as opposed to the EA-6B, then you'll train at a Primary training squadron (Milton, FL or Corpus Christi, TX) then go to Vance, AFB for Advanced training. Leaving Vance, you'll go to Tinker.

It's also possible to do Primary at Vance, but many would recommend against it.

If you're concerned about moving too much, be sure to ask about follow-on orders to NAS Whiting Field (in Milton) for primary. Since it's right down the road from Pensacola, it's possible to live in one place for both.

The T-1 is the aircraft they fly at Vance. The AF uses it to train their tanker and airlift students. You would be in an Air Force squadron in Air Force training.

To get E-6's you have to ask for them. I don't think they're that hard to get, but most people don't have them in their top 3. The people I know that have selected them have had the E-6 as their first or second choice. Also, I've been told you need a ballpark 50 NSS.

porw0004

standard-issue stud v2.0
pilot
I think your questions were pretty much already answered, but I wanted to throw in this bit of additional information for you. When researching how naval aviation training works, I stumbled across this online journal an SNA wrote starting in '97. I personally can't understand why, but he wanted E-6's as well :icon_tong. I hope this helps. It's a bit dated and a long read, but very very detailed.

http://members.aol.com/DaveUF96/Journal.htm

staff03

Just out of curiosity, what are the possible duty stations and deployment cycles for the E-6? I had no idea you could put it down as a choice on your dream sheet...

S3b_viking

Talking with the Navy lady up at Vance, there has been about one slot every class, so about one slot every three weeks. Very rarely there seems to be two Navy guys in a class.

a2b2c3

Mmmm Poundcake
pilot
Contributor
To get E-6's you have to ask for them. I don't think they're that hard to get, but most people don't have them in their top 3. The people I know that have selected them have had the E-6 as their first or second choice. Also, I've been told you need a ballpark 50 NSS.

Actually i knew a guy who got E-6's without asking. He had no clue what they even were and was quite pissed when he found out.

Longhorn

does anyone know if I would have a problem flying the t-1 because im 6'5"? ive been height measured and they said id fit in everything except for the pipeline through the t-45. atleast for now that's what they say.

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
does anyone know if I would have a problem flying the t-1 because im 6'5"? ive been height measured and they said id fit in everything except for the pipeline through the t-45. atleast for now that's what they say.

As I understand it (and this is coming from someone who was anthro'd out of T-45's) If you qualfiy anthro wise for a platform you also qualify for the aircraft used to train you for it. For example.. I fit in most fleet tailhook jets, but not in the T-45... sooo.. no tailhook for Jolly.

T-1 - E-6.... Sooo if you are qualled for the E-6, you should be okay for the T-1.

If I am wrong, someone please curb stomp this post.

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
E-6B is great if you want to transition to civilian flying later on e.g. UPS, FEDEX, or any of the airlines.

That would be the least of my concerns... #1 Get Wings, #2 Get PIC (Prowler, Hornet and once upon a time Hoov Dudes= Easy = Instant), #3 Build resume (Natops, FCF, Section/Div Lead, etc) then hope that the airlines are hiring... Pick a plane because you like the mission, location, A/C or all three.. :confused: