• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Training advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

m1sandman

Howdy All,

I am trying to put together a training program for myself for the next six months to be able to get in top-notch shape (as well as shed a few lbs) so I can go through my application process with a small amount of confidence. Can anyone give advice on what I ought to concentrate on, ways to drop weight and build endurance, etc. What sort of training regimen is absolutely required? I want to do this right.

Thanks in advance!

Dave Shutter

Swim...in addition to running, push-ups and sit-ups. I dropped about 20 extra lbs before my PRT and weigh-in from swimming for half an hour every morning at a local gym and then hitting the weights. It's killer cardio excercise, you need to be good at it anyway, and it won't beat you up like running a few miles on asphalt will, so you can go and do some other work-out afterwards. BTW, nothing helps you do more push-ups than...push-ups. I spent over an hour every "chest-day" in the gym doing different excercise but my max never went up until I started doing actual push-ups every day, then it went through the roof. I didn't get "out-prt" scores but I came pretty close.

D

Tahoe

quote:
I didn't get "out-prt" scores but I came pretty close.

Dave,

What's "Out-PRT"???

-Dave

Dave Shutter

Out-PRT scores are the fitness test scores you have to get to get "out" of OCS. You only have to do the minimum to get in "technically" but the higher you score the better you look as an applicant. I forget what the actual scores are, they changed a while back and it varies on age and sex, but Vicki just passed her out-test and she mentioned doing 87 sit-ups (same # required for everyone she said) 63 push-ups and an 11.58 minute run.

D

Edited by - Dave Shutter on 06/22/2001 12:31:08

Status
Not open for further replies.