• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Top Secret Clearance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sammie

I will have to say that I agree with schmuckatelli on this one. Fly Navy -- I highly, highly doubt that you and all of your buddies have a secret clearance. Not calling you a liar, just highly doubt it. As schmuckatelli said, you are all eligible for a secret clearance, but have not had the actual investigation.
I have landed on an aircraft carrier (just finished Advanced Jet), and I do not have a secret clearance. When I look in my record, it says I am eligible for one.
Things are different for some fields like intel and subs.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ok, I had to dig through my crap, but I now believe I have to reverse my conviction. I think you're right, I think it's just cleared for clearance. I shot an e-mail to the DOD secretary at my former ROTC unit to be sure.

How'd it feel to land on the boat for the first time? You pick your platform?

bassethound

Hey folks...beenn a while since I posted and thought that I would put my two cents in. I graduated from an NROTC unit via the old ECP program. I was an FC2 enlisted and I had secret then. Upon commsissioning I was granted an interim secret. I finally got my final clearance for secret a little over two years later. The clearance time takes a bit.

AZSkegee

Yeah the same with me, it took 7 months then I recieved the naval message (DTG) that allowed me to get my secret clearence, even while I was at boot camp I had the NCIS guy over my EPSQ with me and the ask guys from my division 306 about my character and such, good luck guys, and remember just because you have any of the three levels of clearence dosnt enable you to see things and do things you think your entitled towards.

spsiratt

24 April OCS
If your records say you are "eligible", that doesn't mean eligible to receive a clearance. It means you have the clearance and you are eligible to gain access to that level of classified information. You still must have a need to know, but you are eligible as far as security clearance goes.
An interim clearance is just as good as a full clearance for most purposes. All it really changes is the date for your periodic reinvestigation.
Sorry I can't answer any questions about when you actually get the clearance, because I really just don't know. I would imagine upon commissioning you would receive an interim clearance though.

Status
Not open for further replies.