• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Top Gun 2

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Finally saw it and appreciated several of the small things they did to make it more 'realistic' than the first one, and the story was a lot better too. They even used real bad guy missiles and planes this time, even if they didn't call them out by name. And it was nice to see the real hero of the story was an NFO. Go BOB!

1655129643087.png

Random8145

Maybe I am misremembering, but how was Bob the hero? Didn't his targeting system fail at the last second and so the pilot (I think Rooster?) had to fire on instinct?

Cashworth

I will say was very sad seeing Val Kilmer having been reduced to such a shell of the man he was in the original film. The cancer has really done a number on him :(
I was sad also, but then I realized that he suffered throat cancer in around 2014 and talking was taxing on him, so the small amount of speaking that was done on screen was actually computer generated from some AI software, which makes me appreciate his smaller role so much more!

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I was sad also, but then I realized that he suffered throat cancer in around 2014 and talking was taxing on him, so the small amount of speaking that was done on screen was actually computer generated from some AI software, which makes me appreciate his smaller role so much more!
Partly his own fault...he believed his non-medical faith could heal his throat cancer (2015).

navyterp67

pilot
Maybe I am misremembering, but how was Bob the hero? Didn't his targeting system fail at the last second and so the pilot (I think Rooster?) had to fire on instinct?

BOB (ALL CAPS) is an NFO, therefore by definition a hero. And BOB's targeting system did not fail, that was Fanboy's.
I’ll take a stand for the WSOs here… the ATFLIR is not the best piece of kit and the tumble was the most accurate part of the movie.