• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Top Gun 2

snake020

Contributor
The other cool story, all of the mugs on the ceiling were recreated from existing or inactive squadrons, to include logos and call signs. I had been looking the whole time to see if I could find a mug with my callsign and I did on the last day. I asked the prop guy if I could have it and he gave it to me. I’m now a proud owner of a VFC-13 beer mug from the Hard Deck bar :)

Aside from the ribbons fiasco, the attention to detail in the film from the logos down to the OSRs was top notch.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Aside from the ribbons fiasco, the attention to detail in the film from the logos down to the OSRs was top notch.
Ribbons fiasco? I’m assuming you mean how a LT has multiple comms and nams, etc? Looking at some of the ribbon racks, it almost felt like I was in the Air Force in how many awards everyone had!

snake020

Contributor
Ribbons fiasco? I’m assuming you mean how a LT has multiple comms and nams, etc? Looking at some of the ribbon racks, it almost felt like I was in the Air Force in how many awards everyone had!
Referring to this

MGoBrew11

pilot
Referring to this

Didn’t notice, don’t care. Whoever went into that level of detail is way too nit picky.

Saw the sequel yesterday. It was fantastic. Paid the right amount of homage to the original while still being its own thing. The aerial footage is truly second to none.

I was also at the bar as an extra...definitely don’t think I made the cut but saw 4-5 flight suits from my squadron at the time walk through at one point. Almost jumped out of my seat!

Mirage

pilot
I was an extra too and they put out a call to the local San Diego area for anyone who was able to show up in a flight suit. It was mostly pilots but a few guys brought non-mil friends and they wore an extra flight suit. Spouses and girlfriends came too, those were all the civilians in the bar.

It was a good deal but long 14+ hour days. They did feed us really well, gave us haircuts everyday, and I did end up making about $1,500 bucks for about a week of being an extra. There were a ton of shots they took in the bar that they didn’t use in the film. The plus side, I’m standing right behind Tom in one scene so I can claim actually being in the movie ?

Funny story, when they rang the bell for Tom to buy a round, they actually had a pitcher full of beer tokens with ‘Hard Deck’ written on it and either Jennifer Connolly or the bartender would walk around passing them out as part of the scene. The pitcher was full at the start of the week but almost empty by the end. The director asked for everyone to put the tokens back but strangely no one had taken one, or two, as souvenirs ?‍♂️

The other cool story, all of the mugs on the ceiling were recreated from existing or inactive squadrons, to include logos and call signs. I had been looking the whole time to see if I could find a mug with my callsign and I did on the last day. I asked the prop guy if I could have it and he gave it to me. I’m now a proud owner of a VFC-13 beer mug from the Hard Deck bar :)
That's awesome! I was placed to Tom's left in a scene that made the final cut, but they cropped me out of it. I will forever be disappointed in myself because I have no doubt as to why... I couldn't stop myself from looking directly at the cameras!

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
...The other cool story, all of the mugs on the ceiling were recreated from existing or inactive squadrons, to include logos and call signs. I had been looking the whole time to see if I could find a mug with my callsign and I did on the last day. I asked the prop guy if I could have it and he gave it to me. I’m now a proud owner of a VFC-13 beer mug from the Hard Deck bar :)
That's pretty neat. Makes me wonder if any of my old squadron mugs were recreated for the movie. If it's my call sign, I should get right of first refusal!
:D

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Isn't that called "being a shoe DH?"