• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Took Riddlin as a child

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I am left wondering where all you guys got your medical degrees and why you aren't applying for flight surgeon. You cetainly aren't qualified to be Chaplains! You all seem to know so much about what may or may not effect your performance in the cockpit or what the Navy really needs to know. There are lots of considerations you young'un know nothing about, and I don't just mean medical. You have resources here on AW, use them. feddoc should be the last word on medical issues. Members like me that have experience with recruiting are better suited to answer those questions. Don't listen to guys that are no different then yourself. Look to those that know. So STFU if you don't know what you are talking about. You can get someone in trouble or otherwise hurt their chances for selection. No one is entitled to a commission in the US Navy, let alone wings. It just won't work out for some guys. They will live long and happy lives all the same.

Lobster

I am left wondering where all you guys got your medical degrees and why you aren't applying for flight surgeon. You cetainly aren't qualified to be Chaplains! You all seem to know so much about what may or may not effect your performance in the cockpit or what the Navy really needs to know. There are lots of considerations you young'un know nothing about, and I don't just mean medical. You have resources here on AW, use them. feddoc should be the last word on medical issues. Members like me that have experience with recruiting are better suited to answer those questions. Don't listen to guys that are no different then yourself. Look to those that know. So STFU if you don't know what you are talking about. You can get someone in trouble or otherwise hurt their chances for selection. No one is entitled to a commission in the US Navy, let alone wings. It just won't work out for some guys. They will live long and happy lives all the same.

Roger that, my apologies to all.

helolover

HeloLover
I would like to point out and make it absolutely clear I have no intention of lying whatsoever, and was merely asking if there were any merits to volunteering that kind of information. Again, I did not mean for anyone to interpret my previous post as an intention to lie, as i would never consider this. Lastly, I heard a rumor that if you wash out of flight school (not medical related) that you could not get combat arms, and I was wondering if this is true?

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Seems funny, as I can think of more than a couple of folks in flight school right now who should have probably been on ritalin. Hell, I can't stop fidgeting and moving my legs after any longer than 15 minutes of briefing/lecturing/etc.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
While I'm sure you're being facetious, and not to sound like Tom "L-Ron" Cruise, how many kids do you know these days who are being medicated that really just need to be told to sit the fuck down and shut the fuck up?

I recently heard a 2-star talk about how many potential recruits are being turned away for reliance on meds. Sobering stuff.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
While I'm sure you're being facetious, and not to sound like Tom "L-Ron" Cruise, how many kids do you know these days who are being medicated that really just need to be told to sit the fuck down and shut the fuck up?

A lot of truth to that, and I think there are probably plenty of us who are a testament to the fact that you don't need the pills to succeed in life. Hopefully parents are starting to understand this again....

BINGO

My recruiter only sent my stuff to NOMI and thats it. Nothing about a psych eval, even though I asked for one just to pass. Haven't heard anything back.

I do not want to be in the Air Force, but will do so if its the only branch to take me.

A lot of truth to that, and I think there are probably plenty of us who are a testament to the fact that you don't need the pills to succeed in life. Hopefully parents are starting to understand this again....

Spot on. Doctors are so medication happy these days, they don't give behavioral therapy a real chance. Most of the time, behaviors can be adjusted.

In my case, I was treated for stress. At the time, I was with a girl who I was going to marry. I was cheated on, was naturally upset, and given Prozac by a nurse pract. who said it would help with the stress.

That is ALL it took to get me DQ'd. So, to those out there reading this. Be careful what your doctor gives you. It could be an eliminating factor for becoming an officer of any branch. It's a damn shame, but it is a reality.